PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Here is a link to a model by someone named Daishi: Papermau: Videogame Characters Papercraft - by Daishi - Warhammer And Mass Effect 2

Keep going Neptune. You are an excellent designer.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinKC46 View Post
Here is a link to a model by someone named Daishi: Papermau: Videogame Characters Papercraft - by Daishi - Warhammer And Mass Effect 2

Keep going Neptune. You are an excellent designer.
Those are all good looking models. I haven't been able to crack ME, but I will get it worked out one day, I'm sure. I finally got a Necron worked up for a friend.....
Attached Thumbnails
WH 40K Spacemarine!-screenhunter_01-apr.-26-11.06.jpg   WH 40K Spacemarine!-screenhunter_02-apr.-26-11.06.jpg  
Old 05-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Banned

I worked on the spacemarine last week and pulled it out again tonight and thought I would ask some of WH fans what would be a good size for this? I'm shooting for approximately 36" and trying to work it out where it can be partially posed, any input is welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
WH 40K Spacemarine!-screenhunter_06-may.-18-10.12.jpg   WH 40K Spacemarine!-screenhunter_05-may.-18-10.12.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:20 AM

Location: I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada...nice place but I want to get out and move to Nova Scotia.
Total Downloaded: 199.19 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to glabbott
Well if your going for just a statue to put up and show off the 36" is massive and would make building easier but if you made it more like a 12" action figure size that would cut down on ink/paper costs but increase labour. EITHER way I want this ANY size you make it...
Old 05-19-2012, 01:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
I worked on the spacemarine last week and pulled it out again tonight and thought I would ask some of WH fans what would be a good size for this? I'm shooting for approximately 36" and trying to work it out where it can be partially posed, any input is welcome.

Neptune my friend, 36" will be a fine size, bearing in mind a W40K Space Marine is close enough to 7 foot tall in our real world terms.

With a great deal of respect towards you though, I would also hope for both a 12" and a 3" model, though naturally the pose would be necessarily fixed in those sizes.

The other way to determine the size of your Space Marine model is to download the free "Half Scale" Bolter that has been available for many years and scale your Space Marine to suit that weapon.
Off the top of my head, I suspect you would end up with a Model standing between 40 and 48 inches, but I'm guessing. The W40K novels say a normal adult human male would be struggling to hold a standard Bolter in both hands, and be employing all his strength to do so. Which infers the weight and size of the weapon.

I'm sorry if this seems to be a bit of a ramble, but over the years I have seen very scant accurate information on the dimensions of Space Marines or their hand held weapons. I suspect because it is to protect IP that such information is beyond extremely difficult to obtain.

I hope the little bit of info here is of use to you Neptune my friend.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
Neptune my friend, 36" will be a fine size, bearing in mind a W40K Space Marine is close enough to 7 foot tall in our real world terms.

With a great deal of respect towards you though, I would also hope for both a 12" and a 3" model, though naturally the pose would be necessarily fixed in those sizes.

The other way to determine the size of your Space Marine model is to download the free "Half Scale" Bolter that has been available for many years and scale your Space Marine to suit that weapon.
Off the top of my head, I suspect you would end up with a Model standing between 40 and 48 inches, but I'm guessing. The W40K novels say a normal adult human male would be struggling to hold a standard Bolter in both hands, and be employing all his strength to do so. Which infers the weight and size of the weapon.

I'm sorry if this seems to be a bit of a ramble, but over the years I have seen very scant accurate information on the dimensions of Space Marines or their hand held weapons. I suspect because it is to protect IP that such information is beyond extremely difficult to obtain.

I hope the little bit of info here is of use to you Neptune my friend.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune my friend, Uyraell.
Thank you both for your input, considering your comments, I'll make the same model available in three different sizes, 36", 24", 12"... After that, people are welcome to size it any way they want it.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned

BTW, still looking for good necron models, if anyone has any input that would be great, all information will be shared within the community and all models will be free for the public.