PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorst View Post
Yes, this is absolutely what I meant. It doesn't take too much time to do, but really helps the beginner a lot!

Thorsten
Thanks, glad you like the video. I'm probably going to follow a very similar way of doing things with the next few builds, right now I've got a glut of printed models that I need to build one at a time, unfortunately, I have to keep working on the 50" Refit, as well as real life stuff... Maybe the next time I get a little more caught up on a few things...

I'm going to be making a few additions to the directions in the next build and will be going back to my roots as a teacher, instructor, facilitator and will try to plus it and make it fun.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 AM

whiners

I always thought that the whole point of a model was it being rather like a puzzle. Most of us here enjoy the "in the field fabrication" or figuring out where that stupid little part went and how to make one. The complainers are the ones looking for a turnkey, build itself model. And most likely have no experience building detailed models. "how come mine doesn't look like the picture?" Does a big mac look like the menu picture? Don't quit doing what you do neptune. Like you said it's a hobby not a job. let em complain
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwarsh View Post
I always thought that the whole point of a model was it being rather like a puzzle. Most of us here enjoy the "in the field fabrication" or figuring out where that stupid little part went and how to make one. The complainers are the ones looking for a turnkey, build itself model. And most likely have no experience building detailed models. "how come mine doesn't look like the picture?" Does a big mac look like the menu picture? Don't quit doing what you do neptune. Like you said it's a hobby not a job. let em complain
LOL! Right on! I am going to make some additions though, just to knock down most of the non-sense, then I'm going to keep moving forward.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:12 PM

textures that are low rez for a model of decent size are my pet-peeves,. it makes it seem like my printer didnt print it sharp enough or that I dont have my glasses on,.. if i am going to spend a significant amount of time to build a creation, its seems to be a waste, if the texture are blurry or pixely..
Old 04-30-2012, 12:51 PM

"Appropriate Dimensions Directions"...

Dunno; I looked at that, & the first thing I thought was "Turn left at the Wormhole and go straight 'til you reach the universe populated entirely by Canadians."

Sorry. Had to do it.

'Duster
Google Adsense
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
That things go together fairly well and that its accurate to the prototype, if there is one. Anything else is icing on the cake or a Tamiya plastic model.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post
textures that are low rez for a model of decent size are my pet-peeves,. it makes it seem like my printer didnt print it sharp enough or that I dont have my glasses on,.. if i am going to spend a significant amount of time to build a creation, its seems to be a waste, if the texture are blurry or pixely..
I feel ya, I'm working on the whole texture thing....
Old 04-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
That things go together fairly well and that its accurate to the prototype, if there is one. Anything else is icing on the cake or a Tamiya plastic model.
Nice.... Yeah, how much can you ask for for free...????
Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Nice.... Yeah, how much can you ask for for free...????
amen!,.. I am still trying to build up the courage to build the viper!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post
amen!,.. I am still trying to build up the courage to build the viper!
Well, hang tight. I've had it printed up for some time and it is in the build que. I'll get to it as soon as possible. I'm bumping up the Tin Toy, due to its popularity and the fact that John Leslie has hosted it and the fact that it's such a simple build, then I'm going to knock out the Communications Console from the TOS thread and get to the Viper. After that I'm comminted to doing the Akira Bridge that I made for mchale. Unfortunately, most of today is set aside for paying contracts and getting the rest of the parts for the 50" Refit and the 350th TOS molded and cast.
Google Adsense