PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
hahaha sounds awesome,.. thats the same reason I build for my boys too! lotsa show-and-tell wow factor!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 481.4 KB
Quick Update!

So the "fire extinguishers" (that's what I call them anyways ) took an evening. Six hours to cut out, color edges, form, glue together and then mount on the port and starboard bulkheads.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682.

Will post more photos including the completed seats in a couple of hours.

I feel a disturbance in the farce . . . . . as if millions of voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 PM

The seats. Wow . . . talk about some small fiddly bits.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x576.

The parts for the seat bases.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x576.

The assembled seat bases. They are actually laminated 1 mm matte board.

I decided not to roll paper for the seat handles as they are just too darned small.

I actually put the base for the seat back on the smaller one. But it's upside on its back!

Seat back pieces . . . . . .

Note: the tan pieces on the smaller head rest are actually NOT in this picture, but the piece on the lower right corner shows just how small they were to cut out and edge paint. About 1/32 inch wide by just shy of 3/32 inch long.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 645x761.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 703x731.

Fully assembled cockpit seats. WHEW! As you can see, I omitted the seat belts, as they would be unneccesary parts that would just get destroyed with constant use of the cockpit. I may just go in and try to darken those peek-a-boo white spots . . . or maybe not. They aren't as noticeable when not enlarged several hundred percent.

GOOD NEWS: Almost done with the tiny bits!
BAD NEWS: The birthday party has been moved up to May 12. Serious concern if I will make that deadline or not.

The farce is strong with this one.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:55 AM

do,.. or do not,.. there is no try! LOL,.. looking great!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Banned

That is one complex little model, however, the more complex, the better the detail, the better it looks... Having said that, the higher complexity models do take a good deal of effort to get right. Keep up the good work.
Google Adsense
Old 05-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Ok, so I'm missing a few pics. They never got downloaded from the camera, So this will be a little out of order. I have finished the small cockpit, and am almost finished with the large cockpit.

Lots of fiddly pieces, lack of clarity in the directions, and some fit issues. All were resolved mostly successfully.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

The completed small cockpit. I had to trim off about 3/16 of an inch from the rear of the side consoles to get them to fit. There is water staining from the glue visible on the brown arm rests, but since it is supposed to be a very well used fighter craft, I am not concerned. It adds a bit of verisimilitude to the cockpit. I may even add a bit of scuffing to the deck plating in front of where the pedals will be.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.
Front view-head on of the small cockpit. Not the best photos- depth of field is a bear at this scale when not using my good camera. But it does give you an idea of the level of detail.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.

As above, but slightly different focus arrangement.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

And with a ruler to establish scale. You are seeing that right. That is one and a half inches from side to side.

The large cockpit's right hand console, half finished.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:59 PM

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

Poor R2 . . . . . he just doesn't get the respect he deserves from those nasty clones. Where is Anakin during all this?! He must be off "secretly" getting married.

I feel a disturbance in the farce.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned

Love ot, love the little animations as well! Thanks for that!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 PM

You are quite welcome.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Time for an update.

I work at a job with a very slow workflow. The reality is that I only have about 30 to 40 minutes of actual work in any given day. I literally sit and wait for the phone to ring, then transfer the caller to another number, or provide them with a number when requested. And since I work a 4-midnight shift, it's not terribly busy. My bosses know this and actively encourage me to find things to keep me busy (I was told by my boss's boss "Read a book or surf the internet!"). About the only thing we can't do is sleep. So I get most of by building done at work.

Missing build pics:

Finished large right console with weathering.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

Test fitting with the large tub, deck, rear bulkhead, and chair assembly.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

And a detail shot showing a targeting/scanning device.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.
Google Adsense