PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Aliens APC 1/72 - "customized"...

Hi everyone!

I´m a fan of the Alien-series, especially of the 2nd movie "Aliens" and loved the concept and the actual APC and the Dropship...
But after watching the movie a cuple of times (many ) I more and more thought, that I would have made them a little different, especially the APC...

I looked around in the net for other versions or so of the APC and found some, but in the end I really wanted to make my own version and so I started drawing...

So here is my "Aliens-APC M-577 Mk 2"...

...well, and now i´ve begun building it out of cardboard...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the last picture I´ve put the structure next to my 1/72 (plastic) model of a german "Fuchs" for comparison...
Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.56 GB
  • Most excellent work!! Loved Aliens, always thought it was the best of the series. Are you going to release this ??? PLEASE? please?please..................................... ......
Old 09-19-2011, 10:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
It would have to be that long just to squeeze in every thing that the movie shows inside it - just have to be careful that the finished item would still fit on the cargo tray of the Dropship...
Old 09-19-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifco2000 View Post
  • Most excellent work!! Loved Aliens, always thought it was the best of the series. Are you going to release this ??? PLEASE? please?please..................................... ......
Thank you! I´ll post the drawings I have already, but they are WIP as the model itself
(this is the scanned and slightly changed hand-drawing... as my printer gave it out 3 percent too small when I printed it the first time I changed the size for accurate printing in 1/72...^^)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-19-2011, 10:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Great start! I like Alien series too and I like the APC more then the drop ship. But one thing about the APC in the movie is that the APC is not off road worthy at all. Not a effective piece of equipment once it get off the asphalt, it just turn into a deathtrap. I would address that short coming if I would build one, if I ever get to it.
Google Adsense
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
Great start! I like Alien series too and I like the APC more then the drop ship. But one thing about the APC in the movie is that the APC is not off road worthy at all. Not a effective piece of equipment once it get off the asphalt, it just turn into a deathtrap. I would address that short coming if I would build one, if I ever get to it.
Yes, that´s the same thing I thought ...so I´ve made it with 3 axels instead of 2 and the (imagined) ability to stretch the wheels down, when needed... although the original must have had this too, if it was ever build in "real"...
Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
It would have to be that long just to squeeze in every thing that the movie shows inside it - just have to be careful that the finished item would still fit on the cargo tray of the Dropship...
...well my version is not too wide, it´s as wide as any common "real" wheeled military vehicle^^ ...i´ll also build a dropship later
Old 09-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
I would like to refer you to Resin Illuminati, Resin Illuminati - Powered by vBulletin It is a site for studio quality models and is full of reference material on many Sci-Fi Subjects. In the Sci - Fi section there is a good thread on the building of a scratched built Aliens APC with detailed interior parts. You will have to register to see the pictures but it is free and user friendly. Enjoy and hope to see more of your work.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
I would like to refer you to Resin Illuminati, Resin Illuminati - Powered by vBulletin It is a site for studio quality models and is full of reference material on many Sci-Fi Subjects. In the Sci - Fi section there is a good thread on the building of a scratched built Aliens APC with detailed interior parts. You will have to register to see the pictures but it is free and user friendly. Enjoy and hope to see more of your work.
Thank you very much, silveroxide finally account got activated and I´m diving into it
Old 09-20-2011, 04:18 PM

Great initative. If you need more info on it try researching aircraft movers. Aliens was filmed in England, they used an aircraft mover for the transport. In the movie they show the troops climing in and out of it but in actuality the door on the side opens to a very small compartment, the sene in the movie suposedly filmed inside the transporter was a mock-up made for the movie.

They filmed the movie inside an old warehouse with a basement,it represented the atmospheric reactor, the transporter was so heavy it buckled the floors so they had to beef-up the joist to handle it.