PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Liberty Prime!

After seeing a couple of Mech threads around here, I pulled another model out of mothballs that I've been working on. I'm going to keep this one for myself for awhile. I really want to build this and have it done and posed and ready to go, long before I make it available to the masses. In the process though, I've come up with a terrain model and some backgrounds that I will be supplying to the folks around here. I played with the textures and plan to do so even more. I also cleaned up the mesh and no matter what I tired, when I imported it into Metaseqouia, and then into Pep, they kept reducing the polygon count and thereby reducing the resolution of the model. I'm going to have to figure out what I'm missing. Every time I tried to smooth it..... it was a waste of time.
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_01-may.-25-06.28.jpg   Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_02-may.-21-16.34.jpg   Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_03-may.-25-06.30.jpg   Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_04-may.-25-06.32.jpg   Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_05-may.-25-06.33.jpg  

Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_07-may.-25-08.10.jpg   Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_08-may.-25-08.13.jpg   Liberty Prime!-background-1.jpg   Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2012, 09:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
The terrain and skyscape are simply stunning, but the Mech is very beautiful, in a curious Art-Deco/ Diesel Punk way, Neptune My friend.
I really like the Mech a hell of a lot: it is one of the best looking designs I've seen in quite some time.

Thank you for showing it to us here at forum, it is a distinct pleasure to see.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Ditto on the mecha!!! Has a great look..
Old 05-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Banned

Glad you like it guys, but it's not my design....... Check out these youtube videos. See the model in action.

Fallout 3 MV - Forward! Liberty Prime! - YouTube

Fallout 3 Liberty Prime - YouTube

Fallout 3 - Liberty Prime best Speeches - YouTube
Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

There seems to be a picture missing....??? This is where I attempted to smooth the Mach out, before inporting into meta, then Pep.... Don't know how that happened, guess I forgot to upload it....??/
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_02-may.-25-06.29.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

I'm starting the Liberty Prime build... Woohoo! I've scaled this to 40". Since Liberty Prime is 4 stories tall and the heighth of each floor for older building was between 10 and 12 feet I went with 10 feet per floor, this gives an eight ft tall ceiling with two feet for floor trusses and wires, pipes, and gas service. Which makes the total heighth of 480 ft, at 1/12th scale that makes the model 40".
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime-build-1.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Banned

I got the head mostly done, considering the size of the head compared to the rest of the body, this is going to be a big boy! I really like the design of this Mech / Robot thing, it's got the whole Art-Deco, Steampunk, Gort looking thing going for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime-build-2.jpg   Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime-build-3.jpg   Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_07-jun.-07-06.15.jpg   Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_08-jun.-07-06.15.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Banned

More progress pics... BTW, I scaled this up to 1/6th and will be building an untextured version as well.... I thought about going 1/3rd.... That white disk is part of the left upper arm, in the screen grab it's black. I built up the collar and the ring that goes around it and painted the white center of the collar flat black with cheap enamel paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime-build-3.jpg   Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime-build-4.jpg   Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime-build-5.jpg   Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime-build-6.jpg   Liberty Prime!-liberty-prime-build-7.jpg  

Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_09-jun.-07-14.59.jpg   Liberty Prime!-screenhunter_10-jun.-07-14.59.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Wow!
That is simply stunning, Neptune my friend.
I really like it a hell of a lot.

I wish you every success with your development and build of this figure.

My son plays Fallout 3 and FVegas, he'd be very impressed, as am I, with the Liberty Prime character/figure you're building here. My son also collects the figures to various games etc, and this one would interest him greatly, precisely because it is so very unusual.

To my eyes, it looks as though the model, while reasonably complex, builds simply.
That is the hallmark of a finely engineered design.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
Wow!
That is simply stunning, Neptune my friend.
I really like it a hell of a lot.

I wish you every success with your development and build of this figure.

My son plays Fallout 3 and FVegas, he'd be very impressed, as am I, with the Liberty Prime character/figure you're building here. My son also collects the figures to various games etc, and this one would interest him greatly, precisely because it is so very unusual.

To my eyes, it looks as though the model, while reasonably complex, builds simply.
That is the hallmark of a finely engineered design.

You're right on all counts and please have your son check out my progress. I just got done working on the 80" head. I'm loving this. I've worked on so many projects, but this is fun for me. I still might have to do the 1/3rd version.
Google Adsense