PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
i think that a penny raffle or auction is a great idea for us modellers, to keep this site and many other donations to worthy causes going.
i know that i would do it with any builds i make for nothing to me,
and your skills and museum quality peices should be noteworthy for a great auction and possibly future auctions.
its a great idea and could help modellers here and any kind of advertising......
the only thing i can think bad about it is that it might have to be linked to another site, like a garage sale site or something because of rules . i dont really know but i hope it goes off well and that this developes into some kind of useful task and helping hand.
jim
Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for your input, but I've talked to one of the staff members and will be contacting the right party when the time is right. BTW, I breezed through here this morning and saw that there hadn't been any posts in days, so I thought I would show just a wee bit of what I've been up to. There have been a couple of posts today, much to my surprise. At any rate, no build pics, just now, just a couple of texture shots. Part of this is directly relative to this build, part is relative to another build and part is relative to the LOGO rocket. Will update the Ark soon...

Let's see how long it takes some putx to run this down the thread line... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
i think that a penny raffle or auction is a great idea for us modellers, to keep this site and many other donations to worthy causes going.
i know that i would do it with any builds i make for nothing to me,
and your skills and museum quality peices should be noteworthy for a great auction and possibly future auctions.
its a great idea and could help modellers here and any kind of advertising......
the only thing i can think bad about it is that it might have to be linked to another site, like a garage sale site or something because of rules . i dont really know but i hope it goes off well and that this developes into some kind of useful task and helping hand.
jim
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-screenhunter_01-jun.-04-17.23.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-screenhunter_02-jun.-04-17.23.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-screenhunter_03-jun.-04-17.23.jpg  
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Banned

New pics of the original build, can't wait to get Pem Tech's done.... Much more to come. I had a brilliant idea the other day, but I'm holding back for now. Need to get more of the builds done. This is coming in at just about 22", but I've resized the next one for 24".... Still playing with all of the textures.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-26.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-27.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-28.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-29.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-30.jpg  

Old 06-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Banned

More new update pics...... In the attempt to show full dislosure, I have painted the main fuselage with clear enamel to pull out the color, thus the shiney spots. Additionally, since this is the first build of this model and since I'm changing the textures, building it again and laminating the next build as well as lighting it, to sell at auction, this does not represent the final product.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-31.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-32.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-33.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-34.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-35.jpg  

Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-36.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Banned

I had been waiting on some engine tubes from Pem-Tech to go any further and due to both of our busy schedules, I just got them Friday and just started back to work on this Sunday. I've got to set this aside for now and get onto Pem's logo rocket...
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-36.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-37.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-38.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-big-boy-build-39.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Banned

I've had some RL issues that have taken precedence lately, but wanted to take this time to let Pem-Tech and John Leslie know that I am working on both projects today and will have updates as soon as possible, sorry guys, got a little bogged down with RL.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned

Logo Rocket Build 1-10

Here are the first few shots of the build, I'm still making corrections, additions and tweaking the texture...
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-1.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-2.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-3.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-4.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-5.jpg  

Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-6.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-7.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-8.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-9.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-10.jpg  

Old 06-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Banned

Here's a little, quick trick, for getting your size for your bulkheads... Take a spare bit of paper and roll it into a cone, insert it into your part and expand it out untill it fits perfectly inside the part and use calipers to get a measurement, if you have trouble reading calipers, lay them across a machinists scale and check the measurement that way, also... When you get your measurement flip the calipers over and check the inside diameter.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-11.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-12.jpg  
Old 07-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

Well, I finally picked up some engines and igniters. I had to get smaller engines to fit the engine tubes, so we'll see how it goes, can't wait to test fire the Logo-Rocket. Woohoo! With regards to construction, I skipped ahead and didn't take any pics, so check out the Tin Toy Rocket Toy Build, I followed the same steps.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-13.jpg  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Banned

I should have had this done by now, bit I've got to pick up some more supplies. I should have this done and ready to launch, with video between the first and second week in August... Haven't heard from any of the rocket guys in weeks...???
Google Adsense