PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Was wondering how things were going!

Looking forward to your launch.

Weather here has been keeping some of my air rockets grounded, while the rest of the US is having drought conditions, up here it has rained just about everyday.

Good luck with your flight!

Mike
Old 07-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Was wondering how things were going!

Looking forward to your launch.

Weather here has been keeping some of my air rockets grounded, while the rest of the US is having drought conditions, up here it has rained just about everyday.

Good luck with your flight!

Mike
Well, the main fuselage is all done as is the nose cone and the engine tube and engine placement. I'm waiting on laser cut fins and I have to get supplies... I've got the engine, but need to make a trip to the hobby shop and pick up a chute and wadding etc...

I wish we had some of that rain. It's like a freakin sauna here, but everything is dying from lack of water.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Banned

The contract for the log rocket is null and void, but since I've got 90% of the model done and have been promising a launch, I'm going to continue with the build and launch this bad boy, however, since the cat got ahold of the lower part of the fuselage and the correction part that I had made to modify the ship to match Pem-Tech's requirements, I'm going to go back to the original construction after I work the texture some more. I've cancelled the order on the laser cut fins and will go back to the original design and make them out of some balsa wood I have laying around here.

At any rate, here's where I left off. Note; The nosecone is just sitting there as that is where the chute and wadding go...
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-logo-build-14.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Banned

Besides working on the logo rocket, I've been reworking the textures for the Big Boy rocket, this is the one I'm going to build for the site and auction off, still need to get ahold of the boss and see what the best way to go about that is.... At any rate, below you can see just some of what I've been playing with. I'm probably going to come up with some kind of totally original textures as well.

Even though the textures are just hue shifted versions of the first one, I still have to go through and clean up all of the aliasing..
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-screenhunter_25-aug.-02-17.59.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-screenhunter_26-aug.-02-18.00.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-reprock4.jpg   Big Boy+Logo Rocket Build.-reprock5.jpg