Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post
very crisp and clean,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorst View Post
it looks very well designed. I'm subscribed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Damned fine looking model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
Not bad? That's an understatement :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loenf View Post
When I saw this model first time I became speechless... what a great model! I'm looking forward to see more of this nice model.

regards Loenf
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyeige View Post
This is some excellent work!!!

thank you!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:34 PM

hi
another (small) update: side hull.
ok, this is perhaps the most difficult part in the whole ship (and there are two sides to be built possibly identical!). unfortunately I've got very few time to work on it, so I rather post just a bunch of pics and be clear with the description. important things here:
pic n° 2 - cut all the sections as precise and neat as you can be;
pic n° 3 - bend all sections alone before glue them together with our thin tissue-paper tabs (pic n° 7);
pics 5 & 6 - the former is characterized by that very thin bridge, which can easily tear apart, so my advice is to drench well paper with superglue before cutting out the piece: it will become rock hard, easier to cut and to bend; the latter has a small tip, so a needle could be useful in order to curve it properly.
pics 8 & 9 - as you can see, that's what I think to be the easiest way to glue all the sections together: in groups! leave alone the first couple from the rear, because it's not necessary to glue them now. connect 2nd, 3rd and 4th section, and 5th couple and the last one (6th) as two pieces. then connect everything. this could appear a bit oddm but there's an explanation related to how I'll glue the hull cover to the framework.
hope to complete this little tutorial soon
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020205-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020206-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020207-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020208-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020209-custom-.jpg  

Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020210-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020211-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020212-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020213-custom-.jpg  
Old 07-15-2012, 04:44 AM

This a-wing looks super...
Does there come a pilot with it?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Fargo, what a pleasure to see such great work...thanks for taking the time to take pictures and share it with us. A really great build...such clean work! Question, does the cyano glue ever show through the paper to the other side...or do you coat your paper with something?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNALOR View Post
This a-wing looks super...
Does there come a pilot with it?
hi! thank you about the pilot... no, I'm sorry. IIRC, there's some pilot model in the DL area and it could "suit fine" inside the cockpit, maybe... you could try as for me, I prefer to search for another option, not strictly paper...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman3 View Post
Fargo, what a pleasure to see such great work...thanks for taking the time to take pictures and share it with us. A really great build...such clean work! Question, does the cyano glue ever show through the paper to the other side...or do you coat your paper with something?
hi taz! well, it depends on paper width and glue amount: for example, for side hull I doubled paper width and superglue doesn't show at all on the other side, whereas if you use it on common 80 gr. paper it gives the paper some translucent effect, even if it's just a bit of a drop... anyway, in the end if you primer it every possible stain is perfectly covered. this model can be texturized, but it has not been thought in that way. I'll show you my point better in next updates (soon!).
Google Adsense
Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
hi! thank you about the pilot... no, I'm sorry. IIRC, there's some pilot model in the DL area and it could "suit fine" inside the cockpit, maybe... you could try as for me, I prefer to search for another option, not strictly paper...
i'm working on the imcold x wing at this moment and used this x wing pilot,
only thing i'm to figure out is the helmet and the green jumpsuit.

But the figure is great.

i can't wait for this ship...:-)
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-imag0551.jpg  
Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
it doesn't have to be necessarily green and what about an alien instead of a human pilot? SW universe is full of humanoid, I'd love to see something different

anyway, I think I found some errors in side hull :( so I'm working to get rid of them. be patient!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned

I'm looking forward to seeing more. I'm going to go back and look at the whole thread from start to finish. Let me know if you want any help texturing this when it's done and you have all of your templates. Are you going to publish this, sorry if that has been asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
hi
another (small) update: side hull.
ok, this is perhaps the most difficult part in the whole ship (and there are two sides to be built possibly identical!). unfortunately I've got very few time to work on it, so I rather post just a bunch of pics and be clear with the description. important things here:
pic n° 2 - cut all the sections as precise and neat as you can be;
pic n° 3 - bend all sections alone before glue them together with our thin tissue-paper tabs (pic n° 7);
pics 5 & 6 - the former is characterized by that very thin bridge, which can easily tear apart, so my advice is to drench well paper with superglue before cutting out the piece: it will become rock hard, easier to cut and to bend; the latter has a small tip, so a needle could be useful in order to curve it properly.
pics 8 & 9 - as you can see, that's what I think to be the easiest way to glue all the sections together: in groups! leave alone the first couple from the rear, because it's not necessary to glue them now. connect 2nd, 3rd and 4th section, and 5th couple and the last one (6th) as two pieces. then connect everything. this could appear a bit oddm but there's an explanation related to how I'll glue the hull cover to the framework.
hope to complete this little tutorial soon
Old 07-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
i'm working on the imcold x wing at this moment and used this x wing pilot,

But the figure is great.

i can't wait for this ship...:-)
How do you get that X-Wing? I think I had it once, but I'm not sure what it was named, or where I put it.. Doh!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
How do you get that X-Wing? I think I had it once, but I'm not sure what it was named, or where I put it.. Doh!
*cough* Dávid Pethes - links *cough*
Google Adsense