PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
*cough* Dávid Pethes - links *cough*
LOL! Why thank you Sir, I appreciate that. That's a damned fine vessle. I looked at you WIPs and artwork as well, can't wait to see the Tie Fighter and Otana, not to mention "The Bandit."
Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 AM

hi guys!
sort of update, no pics, sorry :(
I managed to improve side hull design, getting rid of some flaws. I made a prototype, need only to sand it smooth, then I'll take and post some pics. very few time to work on this thing :(((
it's one of the worst parts of this ship, I think there are better way to achieve the result I'm aiming to, but till now it's the best idea I have in mind.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:25 PM

ok, found some time this evening to work on the ship.
I just posted some pics about side hull, even completed parts, but... there was always something after finishing that piece that did not convince me so, after a bit of reflections, I decided to change my mind, at least for once but let's go in order here:

- pics n°1 & 2: "point plate" before and after; it's important here to sand it or, better, cut some paper away in order to make a right border for the surface that will be glued on it. please don't pay attention to the other frame sections (that you can see sanded in the second pic), because I changed their dispositions a bit and now there's no need to sand them anymore;
- pics n°3 to 5: I know perfectly what I wrote in the beginning, but for once I had to go for the "tabs way" no tissue paper tabs, but card tabs, because it's important to have a good gluing base for every hull sections... and that's how it looks once glued together. as you can see, I left border free from tabs, where the hull wil be glued on the framework, and the same for warhead tunnel;
- pic n°6: warhead tunnel (this time a tried with 3 sections instead of 2, easier to bend). as always, once glued, sand smooth the junctions;
- pics n°7 to 9: how the hull looks like;
- pic n°10 & 11: as always, it's superglue time first, put cyanocrylate on every seam (red circles), then send them all don't worry to scratch a bit of textured lines, it's not a problem (in the next update I'll show you why). it's important to smooth the seams as flat as possible (ok, just don't sand too much!);
- last pic: a comparison about how the hull profile is before and after sanding it. in the end it's worth the effort

ok, that's all. next update ASAP!
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020214-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020249-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020276-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020277-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020278-custom-.jpg  

Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020279-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020280-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020281-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020282-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020284-custom-.jpg  

Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020285-custom-.jpg   Star Wars RZ-1 "A-Wing"-p1020286-custom-.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Banned

Nice, I like watching your construction methodology. I see that you've eliminated tabs and have went with connectors under the seams.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Hi Fargo, did you manage to finish it?

Extensions for X-wing
Google Adsense