PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-30-2012, 05:32 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredd View Post
Try the rpf,theres one unfolded in the pepakura thread
No thanks, I've already got what I need and I'm sure that mine will look just as cool and will have just as many nifty features... LOL!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Neptune looks great. Have you ever seen the Green Hornet Gas Gun from the old 1940s serials? Same gun with a rack under the barrel that holds the gas containers that look like old CO2 cartridges. Its a much nicer design than the 1960s Green Hornet or that really bad movie that came out last year.

Clif
Old 06-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Neptune looks great. Have you ever seen the Green Hornet Gas Gun from the old 1940s serials? Same gun with a rack under the barrel that holds the gas containers that look like old CO2 cartridges. Its a much nicer design than the 1960s Green Hornet or that really bad movie that came out last year.

Clif
Nope never seen it, if you got refs, let me know, it's easy to add to the list...
Old 06-30-2012, 08:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Nope never seen it, if you got refs, let me know, it's easy to add to the list...
Hey Neptune. Heres a photo.

Imageshack - stevesgasgun2qw0.jpg
Old 07-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Hey Neptune. Heres a photo.

Imageshack - stevesgasgun2qw0.jpg
Thanks, that's totally doable, it's just the Mauser and like you said, CO2 Cartridges, some tubing and a collar. Easy Peasy!
Google Adsense
Old 07-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Actualyy, Neptune, those last 2 thumbnails look more like the Chinese .45 version that was made before WWII! The magazine does not extend below the triggerguard on the fixed magazine 7.63mm versions!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleswlkr54 View Post
Actualyy, Neptune, those last 2 thumbnails look more like the Chinese .45 version that was made before WWII! The magazine does not extend below the triggerguard on the fixed magazine 7.63mm versions!
Good catch, the game model is actually of a Chinese version, but.... Since I'm modifying the model to be so many different things, the small bit of work that will be neccesary to make that small modification seemed almost to insignificant to mention.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

For those that are interested TCM is showing all of the 1940's serials in order each Saturday, I saw the first three yesterday (Green Hornet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Good catch, the game model is actually of a Chinese version, but.... Since I'm modifying the model to be so many different things, the small bit of work that will be neccesary to make that small modification seemed almost to insignificant to mention.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
The broomhandle Mauser is important because it was the first semiautomatic pistol to be a commercial success -- many were sold around the world. One in mint condition, with all original parts, is worth about $3000 to collectors today. But that wouldn't be any good for me, even if I could afford it, because shooting it would reduce its value. I'd be very happy with a refurbished one, such as Corey describes, but even that's apt to run $500 or more.

Some were rechambered for 9mm Parabellum; these usually have a big number 9 carved into the handles. And Astra, in Spain, produced many broomhandles under license -- some that even fired full auto. And the Chinese, too, produced copies, although I don't think they were scrupulous about paying royalties.

Finally, a bad guy in one of Clint Eastwood's western films (Joe Kidd?) used a broomhandle with the extra wooden stock.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Banned

All very interesting information. This pistol seems to be one of the most popular throughout filmdom....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
The broomhandle Mauser is important because it was the first semiautomatic pistol to be a commercial success -- many were sold around the world. One in mint condition, with all original parts, is worth about $3000 to collectors today. But that wouldn't be any good for me, even if I could afford it, because shooting it would reduce its value. I'd be very happy with a refurbished one, such as Corey describes, but even that's apt to run $500 or more.

Some were rechambered for 9mm Parabellum; these usually have a big number 9 carved into the handles. And Astra, in Spain, produced many broomhandles under license -- some that even fired full auto. And the Chinese, too, produced copies, although I don't think they were scrupulous about paying royalties.

Finally, a bad guy in one of Clint Eastwood's western films (Joe Kidd?) used a broomhandle with the extra wooden stock.
Google Adsense