PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
this thing is serious, didn't know it :(
ok, so the question is: when I'll complete my current project (and I wanted to put it here in our download section), what should I do? should I send it directly via e-mail to every interested (and known) member, instead of uploading it here?
Old 07-07-2012, 12:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 36.94 MB
These guys are so upsetting. I hate to see this happening. Hey not only steal and try to make a profit but he are even stealing he pics and putting there ame over them. I was on eBay poking around and came across the Hindenburg model. I know they stole that but can not remember who from. I even see the ocean liner Queen Marry and that was stollen from JSC paper models. Pics are lited on there web site. This is a shame.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
he is also using numerous build pics that were posted either here or at zealot, several of them are mine, Its an old problem and really no way to get to the @#$%$# either (short of blowing up china)
Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder81777 View Post
he is also using numerous build pics that were posted either here or at zealot, several of them are mine, Its an old problem and really no way to get to the @#$%$# either (short of blowing up china)
What about putting "papermodelers.com" watermarks on the build photos posted here (of course, "zealot.com" watermarks for photos posted there)?

My thinking is that if they're going to steal out pics, they may as well advertise for us...
Old 07-07-2012, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
My thinking is that if they're going to steal out pics, they may as well advertise for us...
Thats all well and good but also easy to remove unless we slash them right across the middle of the pics.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
not uninteresting is the next story:
As some of you know i write my mail adress on each sheet of my model kits! but not each forum have all my models! i became few weeks ago the following mail:
Quote:
Dear D-Whale,
I've seen a lot of photos of your star trek ships paper models on the Interent,they are so beautiful,I'm very love and decide to build them,too.But I do not have drawings.Could you send all of your star trek paper model drawings to me by email?I love them so much.I will be very grateful!And here are my email address:
[email protected]
[email protected]

A starship paper model enthusiasts
the mail came direkt from the last adress (from China!!!) and NOT over a forum messenger or something like that! if the guy has my adress, he has also minimum one model and he know, where he can find my other models! Enthusiast? i guess not!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 36.94 MB
I just wrote a email to JSC Paper models because I noticed that a lot of the ship models on the Alice site has JSC pictures that they stole and placed the alice name over them. I know this does not help all the talented members that take the time to create there works of art for the rest of us to enjoy but what can we do.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
dang it

although i hate hackers but a one on our side would've helped a lot

ultra stone
Old 07-07-2012, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-WHALE View Post
not uninteresting is the next story:
As some of you know i write my mail adress on each sheet of my model kits! but not each forum have all my models! i became few weeks ago the following mail:

the mail came direkt from the last adress (from China!!!) and NOT over a forum messenger or something like that! if the guy has my adress, he has also minimum one model and he know, where he can find my other models! Enthusiast? i guess not!
Hmm..

Send him the models!- After significantly altering (rescale some parts, omit others, delete portions of parts, etc) the kit. In other words, make the kit incomplete and/or impossible to build correctly. Get them a reputation for selling bad product...

Heck, maybe even offer to "customize" it for them: "This model produced exclusively for XXXX" on the front page or something like that. (Of course "customized" would mean FUBAR...)
Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Hay, old Alice is the one and as far as I know, only place that has pirated my ironclad model! I must have reached the big times now. You can get the model free here or you can pay them like $5.00 bucks for it. Nice to know they think my free model is worth stealing.
CT