PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....

How Heavy Metal took over my mind and wouldn't let me finish this thing.

I started to take one of AM's art sketches that really inspired me and wanted to turn it into some cool looking Heavy Metal style arwork and take that art and turn it into a shadowbox card model. I went through more than sixty different iterations of which you can see about ten versions below. At any rate, as is oft to happen with virtually every artist I know, I started going down the garden path of artistic expression and got myself lost and ended up in the realm of Alice and the rabbit. I've come back to this several times, but I'm determined to get this done, though beware, there may be more than one version.. See some of the early attempts below.
Attached Thumbnails
Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-1.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-2.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-3.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-4.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-5.jpg  

Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-6.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-7.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-8.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-9.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-10.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Kind of like "this is your mind on cornflakes, no this is your mind on oatmeal". I like the art work. wc
Old 07-26-2012, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Be careful. You might just end up doing some Warhol-ish composite of all of them.

Then again, that could be cool, too.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad Cutter View Post
Kind of like "this is your mind on cornflakes, no this is your mind on oatmeal". I like the art work. wc
No, more like this is you brain, this is you brain on Heavy Metal. LOL!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Be careful. You might just end up doing some Warhol-ish composite of all of them.

Then again, that could be cool, too.
That could very easily happen.
Google Adsense
Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Banned

A few more variations of a theme.... As soon as I'm happy with one of these I'll proceed to the build section.
Attached Thumbnails
Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-8.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-9.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-12.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-15.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-11a.jpg  

Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-16a.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-am-19a.jpg  
Old 07-27-2012, 11:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Do we get to vote? I'd go with the third one in the second batch, if a vote were taken today. Bright enough, dark enough and a very aesthetic color choice.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Banned

I suppose we could have a vote, but Armorman would be the decider.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Banned

More new art stuff..... I repeated myself on a couple of these, sorry.... I've got so many derivations, I need to weed through them.
Attached Thumbnails
Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-12.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-13.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-4.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-8.jpg   Armorman Art Shadowbox, or....-1-am-9.jpg  

Old 08-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Banned

OK, I finally have a word from the original artist and this is it. This will be the shadow-box model, or at least the first one.
Google Adsense