PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-29-2012, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.50 GB
Paper-Replika Eta-2 1/60?

Hello guys and girls. This time I come with my new proyect. Itīs Anakinīs Eta-2 from Ep III. From some time ago I want to build this nice ship, but latelly I got this taste for small models... so I scaled it down to what I think is 1/60... the original model is in 1/30 so if I print it half the the size it come 1/60 write?? any way this are some pics from the wip and were I am atm...hope you guys like it

Google Adsense
Old 07-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
It is going together nicely. Only comment, is to color the edges with a lead pencil or grey marker. Waiting to see the rest of the model come together.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 AM

The edges are colores with a simple 2b pencil...I like the way it looks and kind of softens the edge of the paper....atm I have started building the left wing...no pics yet. I have little time to build and prefer to use it to progress rather then take pictures....but I will show you the progress in the next days...
Old 07-30-2012, 06:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 42.01 MB
If it's 1:30 and you print it half the size, it comes out at 1:60. But if you print it at two pages per paper sheet, it comes out only at some 1:42.
If an element on A4 is 297 mm long (paper sheet length), if you print two pages per sheet it comes out on the paper sheed width, which is 210mm - the scale changes by the square root of two.
If you want to go from 1:30 to 1:60, you need to print four pages per sheet (so that all the dimentions are reduced two times)
Old 07-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Interesting build, good luck to you, can't wait to see this progress.
Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 AM

that is what I did....I print 4 pages per sheet....
Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 AM

Hello guys!!More updates, no pics for the moment, sorry. I already took the pictures but didn`t have time to upload`em... left wing is ready and attached to the body, except I didn`t glue the s-foil because I don`t want to do it untill the end so I don`t break them.
One thing that I`m concerned about is the scale. A few days back I bought this same ship model kit, the one from revell. In that kit there is no reference about scale...but measuring the finished model and comparing it with the dimension of the ship from starwars.wikia the final result is around 1/27... now the model from PR is bigger than the plastic model... So maybe even when the PR Eta-2 is a great model the scale could be wrong... or maybe the guys from Revell are wrong???
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Pictures time!!!!

Ok guys, here you have some more pictures of the building...this is how I build the wings:

There are several sections that need to be builded first before join them together, but my first thought was that it wouldn`t end up looking right, so I cut the respectives "faces" from the parts or blocks that form the wing, that corresponds to the top and bottom part of the front wing and glued them on 1 mm cardstock.

And the same for the bottom side with the respectives parts...

After that I started gluing the side parts to close the "box", discarding those that goes between the parts, the ones that I omitted.

There are no pics for the inner part of the wing, I guess I missed those...sorry

Before I glue the last part I insert two pieces of the same cardstok inside the box to ensure toughness. And it works great!!! It`s very solid.

Then I close the front part and, voila....

The same procedure was followed for the center and rear sections. Finaly I join the three sections to form the wing, checking the alignment with the fuse. I know this method eliminates the steps that should be between each sections but that step is minimal and at this scale it would have turn up looking bad...at leats that is my opinion...

I couldn`t hold my self and I glue the wing to the fuselage. Hope not to regret for this.....

In the last picture you can see that the "belly" didn`t turn very well...I`ll replace it after I finish the other wing in wich I`m working on atm. This will give me the chance to put a little magnet inside the belly for display, I din`t thought about it when building the fuse... A good excuse to tear that part out....

Of course any criticisms are welcome. Hope you like it.

See you in the next update...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice work, can't wait to see more.