PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 534.62 MB
Battlestar dorsal/ventral turrets

Was someone working on the big 2 barreled defence gun emplacements? Did they ever finish it?
Google Adsense
Old 07-29-2012, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
There were certainly some PDO files of those turrets floating around a couple of years ago - don't remember where or if the project went any further.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I remember that was done about 06-07 about the same time they were working on the BSG fleet, that was Skip, SJS, and a few others. I might have the files and reference, I'll have to look around... They should be posted for upload in the BSG section, not sure.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:22 PM

I'll check over at Zealot.

Was it really that long ago?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I want pictures of what we are talking about! I know this will sound strange to you sci-fi builders, but I did not know the battle stars were available at all, other then the little fighters. Is there big models of the Galactica out there? We have a download section just for it??? I am not too into sci fi but my wife is a big fan, particularly of the 80s stuff. Brownie points if I made her one of those models for her desk. And these days I need all the brownie points I can get!
CT
Old 07-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
I want pictures of what we are talking about! I know this will sound strange to you sci-fi builders, but I did not know the battle stars were available at all, other then the little fighters. Is there big models of the Galactica out there? We have a download section just for it??? I am not too into sci fi but my wife is a big fan, particularly of the 80s stuff. Brownie points if I made her one of those models for her desk. And these days I need all the brownie points I can get!
CT
Yep, there's a whole fleet of BSG (Reimagined) ships out there, not including the large scale craft I'm working on. Don't think there's that much on the old show, maybe three, or four ships and some cylon gear.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:39 PM

I did a search over at Z-other place,and one was posted for upload/download back in'07 by Nothing. It has been taken down since then. The Dimension of Nothing webpage is also MIA.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by widget View Post
I did a search over at Z-other place,and one was posted for upload/download back in'07 by Nothing. It has been taken down since then. The Dimension of Nothing webpage is also MIA.
Steve is still offering his model up for everyone. This is the same one that was done years ago. I had one small part in this under another name in making suggestions for retractable pods, other than that, all of the names listed on his site deserve credit for their work.

There's some mention of the "Alice" website... For the record, every time a certain group does their best to get me banned from a site, when they think they've succeeded, they try to attach me to this site and piracy and every other form of nastyness on the web. Let's just say, it's all hype generated by some clowns that didn't like the fact that I took it upon myself to start my own thing and in the process tried to show everyone how to do the same. They say I should let it go that it's all in the past, but to this day the same people use the same tactics to do the same thing. At any rate, beyond all of the BS, here's the link to Steve's site and to the model your looking for. I can't remember if Coxxon, or Nothing, or whom ever made the turret gun, but I know that I could replicate that.

Please note: I show all of my work and am open about everything I do.

Enjoy the model.

The Battlestar Galactica Fleet Pack | Steves Paper
Old 07-31-2012, 09:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Quote:
Was someone working on the big 2 barreled defence gun emplacements? Did they ever finish it?
Quote:
I have the file and will send it to you. Just send me a PM with an email address. I'll also contact Nothing and see if I can get permission to add it to the collection on my site.

Steve.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsquirrel View Post
I have the file and will send it to you. Just send me a PM with an email address. I'll also contact Nothing and see if I can get permission to add it to the collection on my site.

Steve.
Just a thought, but doesn't the same group of folks agree to allow you to host all of the files you guys worked on? That was one of the most popular threads around, for some time. I can't understand why Nothing would take his work down, or why it would be removed from any forum. That whole fleet of models was great. I still have most of them on my old computer HD. I've been creating my own from the same file data, at different scales, but still.... It would be nice to have them all in one place for the very reason this thread was started.
Google Adsense