PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick65 View Post
Greetings Earthling,

This is your Vogon captain, so stop what you're doing and pay attention!!! Good that's better-if you dont want pushed into the airlock you will finish up with those Ford Prefect instructions so I can build him, cause I need someone to read my poetry too. If not him then YOU.

Just wanted to see how things are progressing after the little interlude...Tony Stark looks teally cool by the way. No pressure just waiting in antisapation. Well I'm off to find my towel.

Rick
Sorry for delay in replying - plans will be complete this week and you'll be the first one to get the link
Old 09-13-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaJo View Post
Sorry for delay in replying - plans will be complete this week and you'll be the first one to get the link
There a PM for you Maverick....
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Thumbs up Mr. Ford Prefect Front & Center!!!

Here he is making his 1st public appearance - all the way from a small planet in the vicinity of Beetlejuice - Mr. Ford Prefect.

"Hey something happened to the teleporter"
Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford14.jpg

"Keep that cat away from the controls"
Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford5.jpg

"Ahh! Thats better-no wait what happened to me head...what the... Now just look at my neck"
Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford12.jpg Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford13.jpg

Thanks BazookaJo for letting me test build this Fantastic model. I hope you like how it's coming out. Sorry it to me so long to post pics. Was sick for the first couple of weeks but finally felt ready to get started. Didn't want to mess up while I was ill.

Any and all feedback is welcome. Cant grow if I don't know where improvements are needed, after all this is my first build.

Haven't started on the head yet. Will post more pics as the build continues. Hope everyone likes it.

Regards,

Rick

P.S. Mr. Prefect, that cat is my assistant/inspector
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford1.jpg   Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford2.jpg   Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford3.jpg   Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford4.jpg   Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford6.jpg  

Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford7.jpg   Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford8.jpg   Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford9.jpg   Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford10.jpg   Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford11.jpg  

Share and enjoy...Sirius Cybernetic
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I can tell you had a lot of fun with this. Excellent
Old 10-09-2012, 01:03 AM

13. Hand me the wrap rod, plate captain...this is so fab!
Google Adsense
Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 AM

Looking good there Maverick!!!!

The only issue seems to be the table - I can't figure out if it's just too tall or just too big period....

If its just the height then just a quick heads-up - the central post of the table should pass entirely through the two smaller wood cylinders and slot into the top and bottom cylinders I.e. the height of the entire table should be no higher than the height of the central column piece - does this make sense?

Anyway keep up the great work.

look forward to seeing more :-)

paul.

Quote:
Here he is making his 1st public appearance - all the way from a small planet in the vicinity of Beetlejuice - Mr. Ford Prefect.

"Hey something happened to the teleporter"
Attachment 142554

"Keep that cat away from the controls"
Attachment 142545

"Ahh! Thats better-no wait what happened to me head...what the... Now just look at my neck"
Attachment 142552 Attachment 142553

Thanks BazookaJo for letting me test build this Fantastic model. I hope you like how it's coming out. Sorry it to me so long to post pics. Was sick for the first couple of weeks but finally felt ready to get started. Didn't want to mess up while I was ill.

Any and all feedback is welcome. Cant grow if I don't know where improvements are needed, after all this is my first build.

Haven't started on the head yet. Will post more pics as the build continues. Hope everyone likes it.

Regards,

Rick

P.S. Mr. Prefect, that cat is my assistant/inspector
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 AM

Oh and for a first build it's doubly awesome!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Quick Update

Thanks everybody - It has been a fun build.

Thanks for the info Paul, I was wondering if the center pole of the table went thru the ends. I made that change today and the table is a lot more stable now. (Added that to my notes so I wont forget it next time I build this)

Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford15.jpg

Finally got the top of the shoes done correctly too. I had to enlarge it at first and do a test build so I could see how things lined up.

Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford16.jpg

Cant wait to make the rest of the gang. hint! hint! No pressure - No none at all. OK you can have a break first.

Thanks Again,

Rick

Breaks over - back to work

Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 AM

Hi Maverick - That looks a lot better

I think that there are now just 2 issues remaining, 1 being the positioning of Ford and the table on the carpet.

To be honest I think Ford is almost spot on, but the table base overhangs. What I'll do is try amend the base to better show where the feet and table base should be placed.

I think the position of the torso is also out and a little off-kilter so that Fords left arm is out of view. also there is a little black section that hangs of the bottom of his jumper - the idea is for this section to be stuck to the front of his trousers and mask the join between upper body and pants - not very obvious from the instructions I know....I think more reference pics might help here.

I've been finishing off the images for Ford's page on my website, so I'll send them your way when I'm done so you can get a better view of the different angles

BTW - you do know that the Marvin the Paranoid android model has already been finished right?

And yes - very slowly but surely Arthur is coming into existence

Best regards

Paul.

Quote:
Thanks everybody - It has been a fun build.

Thanks for the info Paul, I was wondering if the center pole of the table went thru the ends. I made that change today and the table is a lot more stable now. (Added that to my notes so I wont forget it next time I build this)

Attachment 142653

Finally got the top of the shoes done correctly too. I had to enlarge it at first and do a test build so I could see how things lined up.

Attachment 142654

Cant wait to make the rest of the gang. hint! hint! No pressure - No none at all. OK you can have a break first.

Thanks Again,

Rick

Breaks over - back to work
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 PM

Ford Update

Well the teleporter split poor Fords' head into 20 or so pieces (talk about a head ache) so I am taking my time to put him back together again.

Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford-19.jpg

Started with the face, my mistake. Now he's telling me what to do.
Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford-18.jpg

Finally got around to attaching the ears to the sides...
Ford Prefect Hitchiker's Guide (BBC)-ford-17.jpg

All that's left is to finish the back of the head, insert the Neck Top and finish and attach the face. Oh yea, and take some good pictures instead of these small ones from my phone.

Google Adsense