PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
In Memorium

Before there was a Star Wars, before Star Trek became the sensation it has become, there were real men looking to the stars and not just looking, but putting their very lives on the line to make that vision a reality.

I rememberance of a great man......

Time Magazine Subscription Offer

NASA - Biography of Neil Armstrong

"Remember...." Spock.

Neil Armstrong One Small Step - YouTube
Google Adsense
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Banned

NASA - July 20, 1969: One Giant Leap For Mankind

"Remember..." Spock

Remember when America was great?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Banned

Landing on the Moon :July 20, 1969 - YouTube
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Without getting all poliitical since I think it is more a social-psychological thing it does seem we've gotten too comfortable and lost a bit of our nerve. Too dream great things because its to do great things, instead of make big money.

Last edited by whulsey; 09-13-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
You don't achieve Astounding Accomplishments without Audacious Goals.
Google Adsense
Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Banned

We choose to go to the Moon in this decade, not because it is easy, but because it is hard!

We Choose to go to the Moon - YouTube

Best Democratic President that ever lived.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 481.4 KB
I remember way back, when GI Joes were REAL GI Joes, and about 12" tall they made a Mercury capsule that was way cool (I know it was cool because my brother got one and I didn't ). It must have been shortly after the landing on the moon which I very, very vaguely remember. But everyone knew who Neil Armstrong was in those days.

I've actually made an effort not to delve too much into JFK. It seems that the more that I learn about him, the scarier he becomes.

Don't get me wrong, I think space exploration is one of the worthiest pursuits any nation can have, and I think that it's a crying shame how little money we actually spend on it. But I gotta admit that it gives me the heebie jeebies that part of Kennedy's desire to get into space was to put weapons platforms up there.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbsargent View Post
I remember way back, when GI Joes were REAL GI Joes, and about 12" tall they made a Mercury capsule that was way cool (I know it was cool because my brother got one and I didn't ). It must have been shortly after the landing on the moon which I very, very vaguely remember. But everyone knew who Neil Armstrong was in those days.

I've actually made an effort not to delve too much into JFK. It seems that the more that I learn about him, the scarier he becomes.

Don't get me wrong, I think space exploration is one of the worthiest pursuits any nation can have, and I think that it's a crying shame how little money we actually spend on it. But I gotta admit that it gives me the heebie jeebies that part of Kennedy's desire to get into space was to put weapons platforms up there.
1) I remember those GI Joes too.

2) Nasa's budget may have went to weapons that kept you alive and safe.

3) a LOT of NASA's budget went into medical as well.

Think about it.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 481.4 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
1) I remember those GI Joes too.

2) Nasa's budget may have went to weapons that kept you alive and safe.

3) a LOT of NASA's budget went into medical as well.

Think about it.

No argument about the medicine. I haven't read anything regarding NASA monies having actually been spent on weapons. The thought of a nuclear arms race in space, in the late 60's and early 70's is quite a frightening prospect. I remember well the justified paranoia regarding nuclear war at the time, not something to which I want to return.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbsargent View Post
No argument about the medicine. I haven't read anything regarding NASA monies having actually been spent on weapons. The thought of a nuclear arms race in space, in the late 60's and early 70's is quite a frightening prospect. I remember well the justified paranoia regarding nuclear war at the time, not something to which I want to return.
Well, I think we all know that the technology was used to make such things as ICBM's etc, the miltary and NASA were working hand in hand from day one, the fact that Werner Von Braun was a Nazi defector and the he worked on our rockt program before NASA even existed makes it obvious.

I too remember the days of the Cold War, "Duck and Cover" and all of that nonsense, bomb shelters etc... No, I wouldn't care to relive that either. Having said that I don't think a lot of people realize how dangerous these current times are.. If we keep cutting back the military and inflating the dollar and spending money like there's no tomorrow... Well, we've already droped from the most competitive country in the world to seventh, the current trend is not looking good for the America I knew and served.
Google Adsense