PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 10-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build

Even though I changed the textures to make this a Coke Fridge the build photos and directions will work for the various Nuka Cola Fridges that I've uploaded.
The mesh is from the PC game Fallout3 and New Vegas.
Attached Thumbnails
Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-1.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-2.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-3.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-4.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-5.jpg  

Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-6.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-7.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-8.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-9.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-10.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Banned

A few more progress shots.... It's nice to be able to figure things out for yourself and to be able to extrapolate from given information and come to a valid conclusion as to how to move forward and fill in the blanks on your own. I've had to add formers and make changes on the fly, to get this to work out like it should. There wasn't sufficient lower body framework for the model to support itself and at the size I printed it the cardstock wasn't sufficiently strong enough, so I used some thicker cardstock used as backboards for comics that are to be stored for collectors in thier individual bags. I've got a simple hinge system worked out for the hinges, so that I can open and close the door. I'll show that when I get to that point.
Attached Thumbnails
Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-10a.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-10b.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-11.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-12.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-13.jpg  

Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-14.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-15.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-16.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-17.jpg  
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I hadn't realized this was going to be so big. Your reinforcement reminds me of a couple models I did where I ended up using heavy card for glue strips. When I realized how much stronger the model was, I ended up building a 'space frame' like in the old Pontiac Fieros. Super solid. Enough that the skins could be almost stretched on the frame. I like where this is going.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I hadn't realized this was going to be so big. Your reinforcement reminds me of a couple models I did where I ended up using heavy card for glue strips. When I realized how much stronger the model was, I ended up building a 'space frame' like in the old Pontiac Fieros. Super solid. Enough that the skins could be almost stretched on the frame. I like where this is going.
Thanks, I should be wrapping it up today.... Famous last words.. LOL!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:41 AM

Any chance of getting it re-skinned in blue with Pepsi logos instead of Coke? The old Pepsi logos, not the newer Pepsi/Obama logo.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnr5 View Post
Any chance of getting it re-skinned in blue with Pepsi logos instead of Coke? The old Pepsi logos, not the newer Pepsi/Obama logo.
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that for myself anyway. My Wife likes Coka-Cola stuff and I like Pepsi, go figure.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Banned

More Framing and assembly shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-18.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-19.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-20.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-21.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-22.jpg  

Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-23.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Banned

A few more shots and links to the existing Fallout Fridge models.

MTK's Card Craft: Nuka Cola Fridge from Fallout 3.

I still have to finish the door and the lower end framing, as well as the hinge and handle mechanism.
Attached Thumbnails
Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-24.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-25.jpg   Nuka / Coca- Cola Fridge Build-nuka-frig-26.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Coming together well
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Coming together well
Thanks, I really think that if I enlarge this more and put a little more forethough into the construction, I can insulated between the sections and use tin instead of cardstock and make actual coolers from these templates.
Google Adsense