PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-24-2012, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
USS Federation Work in Progress

Yet another of my many unfinished projects. I decided I wanted a better Federation dreadnought than the Jaybats version a couple of years ago. I made it to the same scale as Ron Caudillo's Enterprise so I could use his engines (modified) for it.

The test build is loaded with design and graphic errors, but I decided to build it anyway, to find anything else I didn't already know about. I just rolled the main sections of the engines and tacked the shells on to see how the model would look overall. They can't be used on the next buid anyway, since the 2 were printed on different printers and the color doesn't match at all.

Problems so far; saucer grid doesn't align (a mistake in the proper number of lines arrayed on each piece), the forward bulkhead needs to be "stepped", that is, it's not flat, a graphic error on hull where the registration stripe goes, the 3 pylons are a bit too long, the top engine mounting hole was drawn on top instead of on it's bottom, and finally, the biggest one, the lower engine pylons are too low on the hull.

Still, I like the looks of it so far. I think I have mast of the problems fixed. I guess I'll find out when I build the next one.

BTW, Ron, if you're out there, I need your official permission to use your engines so I can eventually release the model.

Scott K.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Federation Work in Progress-fed-1.jpg   USS Federation Work in Progress-fed-2.jpg   USS Federation Work in Progress-fed-3.jpg   USS Federation Work in Progress-fed-4.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
any time you try something new, you have to refine it,
im sure you will find many ways to detail this fine craft during this refinement time,
it looks sharp and really cool.
if you saw my nacelle dome lights on the other thread of the huge game tos enterprise, there is a link, i can get you those to complete the awsome effect.
jim
Old 11-24-2012, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.03 GB
looks good so far. I'll definitely build one if you release it. Wanted a dreadnaught since the TM came out in what-1975?

Tempus fugit!

e