PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 50.76 MB
Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome - Viper Mark III

I know it's the holiday season now so hardly anyone has time to design something new. But I started watching Blood and Chrome and am instantly impressed. Was a fan the new BSG when it aired, it's good to see it back in some semblance. What I wasn't really expecting was the use of the VIPER MARK III.

After seeing this new fighter I immediately ran out and got the Viper Mark II Moebius kit, ideas running through my mind how I can mesh this ship into a Mark III. I'll post pics of my progress.
However it would be very cool if someone is willing to design the paper model.
Attached Thumbnails
Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome - Viper Mark III-vipers_in_hangar.jpg   Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome - Viper Mark III-viper-mark-iii2.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Techniqueally, that is still the Viper MK-II. Yes it is very impressive, and yes, I too would like to see a model made of it as well.
Take into consideration that B&C is happening when Bill Adama is an Ensign. Which means that the Viper MK-II would be a "NEW" Viper. So this one that is in the B&C would be an earlier version of the MK-II and the one in the new series would be the last version before the MK-III.

After doing a little research, I found this: Viper Mark III - Battlestar Galactica Wiki It shows this as being the Viper MK-III
Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome - Viper Mark III-viper_mk_iii-1-.jpg
Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 PM

I thought the same thing at first but in one of the episodes The Battlestar commander actually refers to these ships as Mark III's.

And we didn't see them in BSG Razor during the Adama flashback so assume they were an afterthought.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 AM

I just watched webisode 4 again (though, I am not trying to start an agruement or anything of the sort), actually, the Commander made a request for some of the Admirals "NEW MK-III Vipers. looking at the footage, I really did not see a difference in the Vipers.
Now with that being said, there in fact may not be that much of a difference between the two Viper, and you may in fact be correct in saying that this Viper in B&C is a MK-III Viper.
Not only that, but you have inspired me to do some more research on this (even though, I doubt that I will find much because of how new the series is) to see what I can find.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I think I might be able to help with this.... Let me check around and make a few calls. If I can't share the actual refs, I might be able to whip out some prints... II and III are not that different and are basicly on the same airframe so to speak. A simple retexture of the existing MK-II would make for a great model of Adama's craft in B&C.
Google Adsense
Old 12-06-2012, 04:46 PM

Cool! Thanks Neptune!

No worries Rhaven. You are right, so far the series hasn't given us a perfectly clear shot of the fighter. Hopefully soon.

Just thinking: Two other ships for design consideration - the re-imagined Old Cylon Raider and Basestar.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomgas View Post
Cool! Thanks Neptune!

No worries Rhaven. You are right, so far the series hasn't given us a perfectly clear shot of the fighter. Hopefully soon.

Just thinking: Two other ships for design consideration - the re-imagined Old Cylon Raider and Basestar.
Over on Zealot (if you are a member), you will find the Cylon Blaster Pistol from Galactica 1980, as well as the Colonial Blaster.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I put some feelers out and found that the Viper in B&C is the same one as used in Razor, still have feelers out for textures....
Old 05-20-2015, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.49 MB
Has anyone tried to design the matk lll yet?