PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Paper to Plastic 06?

I'm posting this, because it tells the true story of the beginning. I always credited those who helped. Jaffro already deleted one of the original threads, but this is the beginning of the 350th TOS odessey . I had a workable 350th TOS Enterprise, before anyone else and I was shut down by dorks like zathros.

Paper to Plastic Star Trek Enterprise. - Page 2 - Zealot Hobby Forum

I've got copies of the entire HTML and MHTML pages.
Google Adsense
Old 01-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Banned

This is from 06 @ Zealot

There is something that I have to say. I really don't know what my crime is.

I was never going to put out a kit..... When this all began, at Starship Modeler, I was working on building an aluminum Enterprise. I had went through several Mom and Pop Machine shops and tried to get this thing off... After many delays and virtually no production, I tried the method you see in the previous pages.

I never..... NEVER intended to get into the kit producing business. But, as luck would have it..... I was asked, no begged, to put out a model.

I really didn't want to, but I sat down and crunched the numbers and thought, "you know, if I sold enough, I might break even and be able to put out a good kit."

I had NOOOOO thought of making a profit, or starting a business!!!!! That is the truth and people that know me, will swear to it.

Guys at SSM begged me to make it affordable.... within $100.00 to $125.00

Again, I crunched the numbers....... Believe me, it's workable.

I thought...."Jesus Christ, these people have been charging up the wazoo!"

So, I thought...... "Hell yeah, I can make a ship for that price....." So, I decided I would and announced it on said forum...

" Quess what?"

That wasn't recieved to well.

Without belabouring the point any further..... I was the Anti-Christ. So, that's why I have a lot of enemies.... They do not want to see someone begin the precedent of selling a worthwhile craft, for a decent price.

That's where allllllllll of the hate comes from.

By putting out a superior kit at a lower price..... I'm stepping on a LOT of toes!

This is where all of the hate comes from, this is where all of the lies and rumors come from...... This is where all of the debate comes from...

People, protecting thier assests.

Do they care what it does to me, the lies and rumors and innuendo.... NO!

I'll tell you all, I've had so much hate and vile and costant, unrelenting negativity come my way, that I've damned near had a heart attack over this.

I've been disabled for days and had to go into seclusion and totally ignore everything for days,,,,,, Why?

Because I wanted to treat the modeler right.

This is not an exaggeration, this is a fact. I've had so much negativity, from PM's and e-mails..... I could not handle it....

It's not because I'm a panzie. I've served my country and been through hell, but I have NEVER had so many people come out against me for something so insignificant to me......

It boggles the mind.

Perhaps this has stepped over the line, but I felt I had to tell my side.

I didn't want any of this. I just wanted to put out a model like I was asked.

If, by telling my side of the story, I get banned, or locked out, so be it.

I can't take much more any way.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Banned

It would seem that I've weathered the storm and went beyond that. I've made a "Hand Crafted 350 Enterprise set of masters and laser cut parts that are as good as, or better than the mass produced crap that lemmings will pay good money for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
This is from 06 @ Zealot

There is something that I have to say. I really don't know what my crime is.

I was never going to put out a kit..... When this all began, at Starship Modeler, I was working on building an aluminum Enterprise. I had went through several Mom and Pop Machine shops and tried to get this thing off... After many delays and virtually no production, I tried the method you see in the previous pages.

I never..... NEVER intended to get into the kit producing business. But, as luck would have it..... I was asked, no begged, to put out a model.

I really didn't want to, but I sat down and crunched the numbers and thought, "you know, if I sold enough, I might break even and be able to put out a good kit."

I had NOOOOO thought of making a profit, or starting a business!!!!! That is the truth and people that know me, will swear to it.

Guys at SSM begged me to make it affordable.... within $100.00 to $125.00

Again, I crunched the numbers....... Believe me, it's workable.

I thought...."Jesus Christ, these people have been charging up the wazoo!"

So, I thought...... "Hell yeah, I can make a ship for that price....." So, I decided I would and announced it on said forum...

" Quess what?"

That wasn't recieved to well.

Without belabouring the point any further..... I was the Anti-Christ. So, that's why I have a lot of enemies.... They do not want to see someone begin the precedent of selling a worthwhile craft, for a decent price.

That's where allllllllll of the hate comes from.

By putting out a superior kit at a lower price..... I'm stepping on a LOT of toes!

This is where all of the hate comes from, this is where all of the lies and rumors come from...... This is where all of the debate comes from...

People, protecting thier assests.

Do they care what it does to me, the lies and rumors and innuendo.... NO!

I'll tell you all, I've had so much hate and vile and costant, unrelenting negativity come my way, that I've damned near had a heart attack over this.

I've been disabled for days and had to go into seclusion and totally ignore everything for days,,,,,, Why?

Because I wanted to treat the modeler right.

This is not an exaggeration, this is a fact. I've had so much negativity, from PM's and e-mails..... I could not handle it....

It's not because I'm a panzie. I've served my country and been through hell, but I have NEVER had so many people come out against me for something so insignificant to me......

It boggles the mind.

Perhaps this has stepped over the line, but I felt I had to tell my side.

I didn't want any of this. I just wanted to put out a model like I was asked.

If, by telling my side of the story, I get banned, or locked out, so be it.

I can't take much more any way.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Banned

Six, seven years standing against panzies....if half of these guys got out of their cubicle and actually lived life....?
Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Those people are just jealous of your ability, so instead of working to out do you, they have to cut you down. SMALL BRAINS, the world is full of them, dang it......Rich
Old 01-15-2013, 07:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
you have my respect sir. not just as a fellow model builder but you have the tallent to actually design these things....
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
i vould lyke tu bind zem, undt cut little peices from zem, undt feed dat to my kat on a toothpick for vhat ze did.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Just keep on Trekkin' my friend, cause that is what you do best. There are some of us who respect and appriciate all your hard work and tallent and lets not forget generousity.

Share and enjoy...Sirius Cybernetic
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Banned

Again, I appreciate the sentiments gentlemen.......