PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-30-2013, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Elko,
Thanks, I just built up off of others work. I wanted a more detailed model. So I made up the detail parts, and the new parts for other ships. I found the pics of the original kit, they might help you to see how the towers go together, they are the only "instructions" per se. There are other build threads on here that will help as well. I also included the page of internal braces and a stand.
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Venator Republic Star Destroyer-rsd-1.jpg   Venator Republic Star Destroyer-rsd-2.jpg   Venator Republic Star Destroyer-rsd-3.jpg   Venator Republic Star Destroyer-rsd-4.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf stand&braces.pdf (94.5 KB, 80 views)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.35 MB
Thanks for the pictures, I had then from the internet but those were a lot smaller, there are better.

The stand is great I will use that one.
The internal braces don't help me so much since I made some alterations to the model and the inserted hangars. I'm using 180gm paper and that's pretty sturdy plus I got a foldline in the center over the lenghth of the ship that makes it even more rigid.

The model isn't that hard actualy it's just that those towers turn out twisted everytime I try (my wife and son didnt see it but I do and I just know that that will keep bugging me).
I started a star trek model from paragon. It's just three a4 sheets and not to difficult. I think after that I'll pick up the RSD again.

Thanks for the help !!

Cheers and all the best,
Elko
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 40.87 MB
Hello there shadowhawk and hawkman.
It looks great how that model is going. Cant wait to see it finished.
I was reading about your "predicament" with the superstructure, and maybe I can help.
When i did the model (without the add-ons) i came across with the similar problem. Perhaps, this can help you get a better shape.
Try to print the patterns of the superstructure in a common sheet o paper. (75gr.) it would be easyer to fold and to work with. Then, take the measures of all the borders that will become the base of the superstructure. This is for draw and cut a piece that will give you the exact base of the superstructure.
Believe me, this will make easyer your job with that sucker. Once the base is well aligned and regular the rest will be on the right place.

I hope you understand this instructions, its a little bit complicated to explain.
But if you dont... ill try to show you. Have a nice build, and hope to see more photos. Looks great.

PD: Here is mine...
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Very Awesaome Supper Monkey teams so much awesome Hi! Big Anime Girl Grin!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:10 PM

Hi!
I wanted to ask where to get template for this model? I'm quite new with this hobby but I really want to build Venator Republic Star Destroyer.
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2013, 03:17 PM

Hi!
I'm quite new here and new to this hobby but I would like to ask where to get template to make Venator Republic Star Destroyer paper model?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.15 GB
The link for the model, along with many others, is listed on Jay's Homepage.
Jay's Box of Sci-Fi CardToys | ...stuff hard to find anywhere else
The models are now hosted at zealots.

Thanks for the inspiring photos
Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
The Redetailed version By Tiluchi, and my add on detail sets are in the downloads section of the forum here.
Jeff
Old 06-16-2015, 06:53 AM

hi

my son 9 yrs old is interested in building star wars destroyer paper model. I found some templates here but no instruction. could anyone help me please?