PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.57 MB
rocketmantan, you need not apologize - that's not why i wrote about the issues. dont think i dont know that by sharing this design you did me and anyone else looking for this model a favor. i'm grateful for that.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petseal View Post
Can you tell me how tall this model is and what scale, if known?
I would like to get a TARDIS in 1/8 scale to go with two Dalek plastic model kits I built years ago.
Thanks for any information, Petseal
More info about Tardis' can be found here
Doctor Who A History of the TARDIS Police Box Prop and its Modifications
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Based on the dimensions given it looks to be around 1/16 scale.
Does that mean if I were to double everything it would be approximately 1/8 scale or would that to easy?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahRogers View Post
Thanks for the link!
Not sure which TARDIS would be best for my display though.
I have the Mk1 Dalek as seen in it's first television appearance and the Mk3 Dalek as it appeared in the Peter Cushing movie.
I would probably go with the Tom Baker version or the Paul McGann version as these seem to be the most recognizable to me.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 PM

When I did my resin Tardis I chose the Tom Baker Tardis, cause I grew up with it.
Google Adsense
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Quote:
Does that mean if I were to double everything it would be approximately 1/8 scale or would that to easy?
Yes, to convert a 1/16 scale model to a 1/8 scale model you would print the 1/16 scale model at 200%. Might have to do some moving around of parts to fit on a page depending on what size paper your printer can handle. Some parts might have to be split across more than one page.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Yes, to convert a 1/16 scale model to a 1/8 scale model you would print the 1/16 scale model at 200%. Might have to do some moving around of parts to fit on a page depending on what size paper your printer can handle. Some parts might have to be split across more than one page.
Great sounds like a plan, and I thought it seemed to easy
Thanks SCEtoAUX for the input, if it works out I will post some pics!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Nice model build. Look forward to seeing the upscaled version
Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 PM

Well here is my first paper model as a member of this board!
Didn't turn out fantastic but I am pleased with it. Was a great learning experience and I think I can do a lot better.
I would appreciate your honest opinions so please you do not need to be gentle, I am thick skinned!
A brief description:
I used Staples 110 lb (199 g/m2) card stock printed on a HP inkjet printer.
To try and hide the white edge I tried using a Sharpie blue marker (that's why there is no shot of the back, man do they ever bleed! ) Then I remembered I had some Prismacolor coloring pencils the closets of which was a dark blue #902. You can see some of the slip marks were I tried to touch it up after I glued some of it together. I also had a small problem with my big fingers when I tried to shape the top of the light, didn't quite turn out right I'm afraid! Also use the # 915 yellow Prismacolor coloring pencil on the top light and the windows to give them a lite up look.
Now that I have found a detailed TARDIS and had a, mostly successful build, I plan to upscale this to approximately 1/8 scale and make it in Balsa wood to go with my two Daleks.
Thanks for any and all feedback, Petseal
Attached Thumbnails
TARDIS by rocketmantan-drwho_tardis001.jpg   TARDIS by rocketmantan-drwho_tardis002.jpg   TARDIS by rocketmantan-drwho_tardis003.jpg  

Last edited by Petseal; 02-02-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Well here is my first paper model as a member of this board!
Didn't turn out fantastic but I am pleased with it. Was a great learning experience and I think I can do a lot better.
I would appreciate your honest opinions so please you do not need to be gentle, I am thick skinned!
A brief description:
I used Staples 110 lb (199 g/m2) card stock printed on a HP inkjet printer.
To try and hide the white edge I tried using a Sharpie blue marker (that's why there is no shot of the back, man do they ever bleed! ) Then I remembered I had some Prismacolor coloring pencils the closets of which was a dark blue #902. You can see some of the slip marks were I tried to touch it up after I glued some of it together. I also had a small problem with my big fingers when I tried to shape the top of the light, didn't quite turn out right I'm afraid! Also use the # 915 yellow Prismacolor coloring pencil on the top light and the windows to give them a lite up look.
Now that I have found a detailed TARDIS and had a, mostly successful build, I plan to upscale this to approximately 1/8 scale and make it in Balsa wood to go with my two Daleks.
Thanks for any and all feedback, Petseal
Is this from RocketMan's plans? I looks good as a first try. I use water colors because I can blend a color close to the printed color. I have RocketMan's plans and am now thinking about another Tardis :P
Google Adsense

Tags
tardis