PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-27-2013, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 179.03 MB
Chairs, control panels, control consoles, and a rooftop watertank

I'm working on several prototype diorama displayboxes for 4 inch and 6 inch action figures. Has anyone seen paper models of any of the following sci fi chairs, control panels, and control consoles? I'm also looking for a rooftop watertank like you see in the comics on all the rooftops in New York City Spiderman comics and Batman's Gotham City. I think I've found a pattern to made fire escapes, rooftop skylights, and rooftop exit doors from. I'm building in recycled corrugated cardboard, matte board, foam core, and cardstock. I may add a resin as a hardener so they can be used as a playset or as a action figure display. I've built several in the past using mostly foam core board and lazer prints designed in photoshop from web found graphics. You can check out some of my previous work here:
George Clifton on Behance

Thanks for any help with this.
Clif
Google Adsense
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM

I'm basically looking for something to get ideas from so I can design my own with my own textures.

Clif
Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
For the water tanks, some railway ones look fairly similar.
Not sure on chairs, panels, and consoles, very subject orientated, mechs, startrek, matrix, etc, but most of them i've seen are scratchbuilt, the trek interiors are about the only paper models I've seen available.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the info. I think I have found everything I needed and a few other things at DriveThruRPG.com - The Largest RPG Download Store! And managed to catch it on sale. I've got enough reference material to start work on my final prototypes. I'll be making up my own textures instead of using any of the original materials I bought. I'm already working on a 4 foot wide by 8 foot tall wall design that will look like downtown New York City, Gotham City, or Metropolis. I can make a few changes and make either city. It will be in sections that will hang on the wall in sections using hanging strips. I'm also working on the shadowbox scenes. I'm working on sections that will look like the Batcave, X-Men Danger Room, Reed Richards Fantastic Four Lab, Iron Man's Hall of Armor, Avenger's Mansion, Superman's Fortress of Solitude, etc. I'm a retired commercial artist and plan on building these like works of art modeling and detailing each with computer generated textures and hand painting. Even if I do build the same design twice it will always be different since each is handmade. I'll post some work in progress design work and prototypes.
Thanks for the info.
Clif