PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Yes, McHale, Iron Sky was made by the same guys. Wiki article here: Iron Sky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's a Finnish/German/Australian collaboration, and there's talk of possible prequel/sequels - goody. SA-9, thanks for the gray fade image. I'm not too sure what I could do with it at this point, but I appreciate you taking the time/interest to include it in your reply. I'll be posting an update later today. The top and bottom halves are now joined. All that is left to do is to assemble and attach the 4 landing pedestals. I was at work yesterday, but I found the time to search for some backgrounds that I could place images of the saucer in. Should make for some neat composite pictures.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 310.43 MB
rockpaperscissor,
I agree, it was a great movie and one of the most enjoyable movies to come out in quite awhile, boy Hollywood can learn from them,lol. Great looking model, you captured the essence of it perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. I know it may be too hard to design , but it would be cool to see a paper model of the zeppelin carriers from the movie too.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 AM

Many thanks, Tenrik. Continuing with the build, I knew I had to have some kind of a plan when it came to joining the upper and lower halves of the saucer together. I thought it might be tricky, but it turned out to be pretty easy. My solution was to glue the top half to a piece of cardstock. Once again I used a weight and a glass table top to make sure it stayed flat. In this shot you can see the backside of the saucer.

The excess paper was cut away with scissors, completing the top half. The bottom half was built in the same manner, and finally glued to the top to form the saucer shape. I left the landing pedestals off until last. This photo shows the bottom section.

Addition of the landing pedestals completes the model. Here's a final shot of it from down low.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.02 MB
Crud, the images are blocked on my work computer, guess I'll see your work after I get home. Iron Sky was pretty funny...
papermodelers (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM

One parting shot of the Berliner in the Antarctic skies over Neuschwabenland.

Google Adsense
Old 03-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
that looks great!!!!
be careful of warble on that plate on the bottom, when gluing, i have found that it bends like a bubble sometimes.
this is the coolest nazi saucer diorama ever!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow, this is insanely better than the original version. I love it!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
Could you do the cpp kickstart from star wreck please this is a neat looking ufo good work
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 AM

Many thanks for your kind remarks, fellas. It was a really fun and quick build - Bryan did a great job with the design - I just recolored his model. Any design requests, whether it be for an Iron Sky mothership, or the Kickstart from Star Wreck will have to be fielded by someone else, I'm afraid. By this time next year I hope to be retired, and plan to take the time to get some design software and learn that end of the process. Thanks to some tips from forum member ArtDeco, and my own stumbling around in the dark, I've gotten fairly comfortable with basic Photoshop techniques. I look forward to the time when I can combine the two skills. Last night I got the go ahead from Rocketmantan to make his recolored Vril ship available for download here on the forum. It should be up later today, so all you saucer fans, enjoy!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
totally cool1 thanks man!
by the way, i coulndt find the movie for sale anywhere around here. lol.
Google Adsense