PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-19-2013, 08:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 352.00 MB
USS Rubicon NCC-72936

Hi,
here is my latest model of the USS Rubicon. It is a runabaout danube class. The original Model is a creation of Ninjatoes and was updated and recolored by Paul McCool ( by the way: Many Thanks for the free Model). I scaled the model down, by printing two pages per sheet, so it is half size scale of the original model. The lenght of the model is 260 mm. I planned allready a diorama with an ohter shuttle, here are some pictures:

regards loenf
Attached Thumbnails
USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon1.jpg   USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon2.jpg   USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon3.jpg   USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon4.jpg   USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon5.jpg  

USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon6.jpg   USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon7.jpg   USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon8.jpg   USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon9.jpg   USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon10.jpg  

USS Rubicon NCC-72936-rubicon11.jpg  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 36.94 MB
Beautiful, need to put that on my list of builds
Old 04-20-2013, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
Loenf did a beautiful job on this one, but I got a message from another modeler working on this one who found a minor error I'd like to call out. Page 13, part 61 has redundant glue tabs. It should have one large one across the bottom, but the ones on the sides should be removed. Thanks to Jan Feyrer for catching this.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:50 AM

Oh, and Loenf, I AM making progress on my update of the Chaffee, but I had to buy a new printer, as my old one croaked, (3rd one in 2 years) so I'm only now getting to the test build phase. This is a lot of work because the whole bottom-half of the model is being redone from scratch, and I work in 2D...
Old 04-20-2013, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Looking really good, but I feel like I ought to point out that printing two pages per page is about 73% of original size. Four pages per page would be 50% reduction. I read that on this forum somewhere, and I'm going by memory, but I think it is right.

Paul, have you ever tried a Brother printer? Last week the MFC-J430 was on sale for $69. It is what I've been using since my son gave it to me two Christmases ago, and it has been a champ. It replaced my old Brother Laser printer that died after nine years.
Google Adsense
Old 04-21-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmccool View Post
Loenf did a beautiful job on this one, but I got a message from another modeler working on this one who found a minor error I'd like to call out. Page 13, part 61 has redundant glue tabs. It should have one large one across the bottom, but the ones on the sides should be removed. Thanks to Jan Feyrer for catching this.
I allready noticed that. It is no problem, I cutted the not needed tabs off.
@vermin_king: Yes, you are right, the scale is 73% from the original.

Loenf
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Other than the re-scale, is this built straight from the templates? Very good detail. Clean build.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Other than the re-scale, is this built straight from the templates? Very good detail. Clean build.
Yes, it is straight from the templates.I just added some parts on the roof and on the front of the runabout.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Rubicon NCC-72936-addons.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 AM

I like your additions, Loenf. At one point, I was planning to include all of these in the model, but since it was already 29 pages, I decided to keep it a bit simpler.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmccool View Post
I like your additions, Loenf. At one point, I was planning to include all of these in the model, but since it was already 29 pages, I decided to keep it a bit simpler.
That's quite Okay, but I think the 14 little squares(part44, part46) on the roof should be coloured grey. When I saw them first I thought they have to be cutted out.

regards Loenf