PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-30-2007, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
All righty then... It will be a few weeks ~ I still have a some small issues to nut out ~ weapons etc.. then I'll post it as a kit.

Werner ~ if you mean extraction of the 3d models? ~ its a nightmare! I'm a miserable failure at writing any sort of tutorial, so I wouldn't even try to explain the actual steps.. I could build /develop several model in the time it would take to explain it ~ its WAY easier to get stuff INTO Freelancer than it is to extract it.

* You need the registered versions of several programs + an obscure Milkshape plugin that works, BUT its an unfinished work ~ so there is huge chunks of the game that can't be touched.. That includes 'parts' of some vessels.. The game designers used a compound model method, so much of the 3d content is spread, not only in different files, but in different LOD's of the same file. = Jigsaw puzzle ( with missing + blank parts!)

After 18 moths of trial and error, I've got most of the Pioltable ships to a stage where they can be developed into card models + a few larger vessels = the Luxury liner. Sadly many of the capitol ships worthy of development are beyond extraction. ~ Unless Microsoft was willing to part with the original models [ hysterical laughter]
:o
Old 07-30-2007, 07:55 PM

I want one, too. Plus just add my name to the list for everything else. I never played freelancer, but I like the look of many of the ships from it.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:38 AM

Drowning NOT Waving

Howdy Cousins

Sniff.. I could write a great sob story here.. Suffice to say that life's giving nothing much better than a wet slap it the face at the moment. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to that.

In an attempt to get some sort of organization to my offerings before i slip to far off the grid, I've foolhardily (probably) spent my meagre pennies on a permeant home. There's not a great deal of new stuff there at the moment, hopefully it will eventually house a lot of the half finished projects that I've got buried in sub sub sub DIR's.. Anyway even a WIP home is better than none..

The Freelancer Project is still being developed thanks to the assistance of a new designer recruit. Its kind of messy at the moment, but there will still be some action there for a while, so the Valkyre model ++ will be available soon-ish.

Hope you all have plenty of sunny dayz.

For those interested in SF models ~

A NEW PLACE IN SPACE

Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 PM

My washing machine broke down and my bike was stolen this week, so you're not the only one with bad stories... but good news is, life goes on. :-)

Very kewl site you linked. Just a good load of models and some views for the future. I hope we are going to see more nice ones of your design.
Keep up the good work.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mauiman Send a message via MSN to Mauiman
I would love to see the Eagle being made.