PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 78.96 MB
Back and Top Engines done.

Have now completed the back section as well as the two top engines. The one with the cut away showing the insides as well as the other normal one. Had a problem with the first one I did in that when I came to fit it on the wing I had not followed the instructions correctly and had not left a gap between the front cowling and the rest of the engine. I had to redo the the complete engine over. Apart from that not to difficult. I will not be at home this next week so the build will slow done quite a bit. The next section will be the bottom two engines.
Attached Thumbnails
Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-body-back-small.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-engines-top-1-small.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-engines-top-2-small.jpg  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Pretty incredible detail. What is the approximate scale?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 256.10 MB
Rickstef, thanks very much for the page 17 link. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to save.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelator View Post
Rickstef, thanks very much for the page 17 link. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to save.
This happens occasionally on Uhu02's page - if the link provided on the page doesn't work like this you can usually get to the page in question using the forward and back arrows at the top of the page (above the most recent post).

Simon
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2013, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Pretty incredible detail. What is the approximate scale?
According to a comment buried away in the site (I only came across it by accident) it and the TIE are 1/50, as is the SHADO Interceptor...

Simon
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM

Back with the next installment

Finally got back to the task at hand. Have now inserted the wings and done the cover for the body. Not to hard to do. A TIP for anyone who is going to build this model. When you build the main body do not glue in the section right at the back where the wings fit in. Rather wait till you wish to insert the wings and then fix this to the wings and then glue both in at the same time. This saves a lot of trouble trying to glue on the back mounting that holds the wings in place. Also DO NOT glue in the feet now like I did but rather do them right at the end. They tend to get in the way and you end up bending them. (might have to replace mine). Anyway the next section is the hood and then the guns. Till next time.
Attached Thumbnails
Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-body-covered1-small.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-body-covered2-small.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-body-covered3-small.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-body-covered4-small.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 05:18 AM

1.5 rescale X-wing

I had been thinking that I might resize this model and lo and behold it has already been done.
There were pics posted on Uhu's web site linking to Aboabo's web site showing that he had built the x-wing at 1.5 times the original size with a complete stand as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-18.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-19.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 03:31 AM

Finally it is Finshed

Sorry for the delay in posting the final pics of the build but I got sidetracked by my youngest son who has been hounding be to build the USS Enterprise for him. Since he was the one who introduced me this this hobby late last year I thought I'd better comply hence the delay. Anyway here are the last pics showing the completed model. I will rebuild this using photo paper and at a larger scale sometime in the future. Included are the pics of UHU's Enterprise (which was built in a great rush). It was scaled at 120% of the original. My current build at the moment is Paper Replika's Optimus Prime which will be ongoing for some time.
Attached Thumbnails
Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-complete1small.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-complete2small.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-uss1small.jpg   Uhu's X-Wing Ready For Launch-optimus3small.jpg  
Old 07-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thumbs up

thank you Tilly

I am thrilled.
X-wing and Enterprise that has been assembled a very impressive.
You guess that you decipher the process from assembly instructions page of Japanese it was quite difficult.
You have gone well. Good job

uhu02
Google Adsense