PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
eldar wave serpent

So the work continues, The upper part is laminated with parts from the extra parts sheet. I hand colored the red parts to give it a richer color contrast. There various finger print marks but some will be covered by extra plates or lamination and the others will be colored. For the curvature on the upper wings, there is a thin spine that curves around the contour and that is why there is a crest on the curved wings. To make this happen, I had to cut a slit in one of the forward plates but this will not show up, since it will be covered with the extra laminated plate. By laminating the plates, it is thick enough that it will cover the the rib and make the plate fall smooth over the primary skinning. Enjoy and see you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-037.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-038.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-039.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-040.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-041.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-042.jpg  
Old 05-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

So far it is taking shape. I am working on a display base for it and the model is finished. The only thing left, is to edit the photos for your enjoyment.

The first photo is the finished model sans the jewel runes and the base. Enjoy and see you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-105.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-043.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-044.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-045.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-046.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-047.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-048.jpg  
Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

The model is finished, and now the photo editing is left to do. Enjoy and see you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-049.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-050.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-051.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-052.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-053.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-054.jpg  
Old 05-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

I am pleased with the outcome. As mentioned before, the Wave serpent is finished with the exceptions of those runes. It has a different stand that compliments the finished model but those items are still a bit out for now but they are coming. Here are some side and under views of the grav tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-055.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-056.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-057.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-058.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-059.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-060.jpg  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

Another update on the Wave Serpent. This time it is on the chin mounted double liked guns. Enjoy and I will be back with more guns.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-061.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-062.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-063.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-064.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-065.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-066.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-067.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

More on the weapons system. The main part for this section, is the use of paper sticks (Paper ears swabs). I could have used wooden dowels and shaped them but I opted for paper, which I treated like a wooden dowel and sanded the pieces carefully so as to not rip the paper strips. There is more to come and I took care of the raised runes but that will be for another posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-068.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-069.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-070.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-071.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-072.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-073.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-074.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-075.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-076.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-077.jpg  

Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

So here we have the making of the turret. Here I used the spacklling compound. This one depicted, is a celluloid base. There is another spackling compound but it is a putty base and stays soft. The sides will be placed on later in the build since I have to drill a hole and if the side was up, it could get damaged. The next posting will cover how the turret twin cannons are constructed. Enjoy and see you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-078.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-079.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-080.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-081.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-082.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-083.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-084.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-085.jpg  
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Wow, from Curved dash Olds and horse drawn carriages to grav tanks...and excellent work on all!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Wow, from Curved dash Olds and horse drawn carriages to grav tanks...and excellent work on all!
Thanks for looking in and you kind comment Whulsey. There are so many models to build and so many choices, that it is sometimes hard to decide what is next. When I finish with this one, I will throw a dart and see what I hit for my next build.

And now for more techniques and modeling tricks. The main housing of the cannons and the barrels are made by using regular bond paper. If you use heavier weight paper, it will tend to wrinkle and split. Be sure to glue all of the surface of the paper strip. If you use the glue sparingly, there will be dry spots and when you sand or file the part, it will rip apart at that point. It will tend to be messy, so keep a paper towel or rag handy to keep your finger glue free. If you do not keep your fingers clean, the excess glue will attach to the surface of the model and create smudges. Enjoy and see you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-086.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-087.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-088.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-089.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-090.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-091.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-092.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-093.jpg  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

Here are some photos of the turret build. The eldar wave serpent by all accounts is finished at this junture but it needs more details. The plans do not call for a stand so that will be coming up shortly and the details for making the runes. Until then, see you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-094.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-095.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-096.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-097.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-098.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-099.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
eldar, warhammer40k, wave serpent