PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
eldar wave serpent

This is the section where I build the feelers. The plans have them being glued at the end tip, but I went and cut them of and made an extension for the ends. This part was laminated into a raised end at the glue point. it will help to hold the cover in place when it is placed on the wing connection point. The cover also was forced into a cup shape by using the tweezer point but a small rounded dowel or paint brush end could be used. I forgot to show the bottom support bracket but it helped in shaping the position for the feelers so that they will not droop.

Next on the build, will be a custom stand and finally the making of the runes.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-100.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-101.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-102.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-103.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-104.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-105.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-106.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-107.jpg  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

Here is the part on the base construction. Enjoy and see you all with the next posting on the making of the runes
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-108.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-109.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-110.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-111.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-112.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-113.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-114.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-115.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-116.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-117.jpg  

Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

And now, the final sequence in the build thread. I hope that you have all enjoyed my build thread as much as I did in making it. If just one person learned something from my works, then it was well worth the effort. The next model is already in the works but I will not post until I am almost half way done with it. So until the next posting, enjoy and see you all around the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-118.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-119.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-120.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-121.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-123.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-124.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-125.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-126.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-127.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-128.jpg  

Old 05-23-2013, 06:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.47 GB
Silver, anothe rinteresting build. I've saved copies of your photos for future reference. Looking forward to your next build. Always informative.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks for looking in and letting me know that you enjoyed the build thread. My next thread will start soon and it will be a treat on an old item done my way. Until then, enjoy and see you around the forum.
Google Adsense

Tags
eldar, warhammer40k, wave serpent