PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-09-2013, 06:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.45 MB
Klingon Scout Ship

This is my build of the Klingon Scout Ship by Conrad Mitchell. I scaled it down to 30% to fit with my Rawen-sized starships. I got to that by imposing the scout over a Rawen file and scaling down until the windows were the same height. At that size, I skipped using the internal bracing, so this isn't a complete build of this model but it covers all the basics.

Main hull assembles as a basic score, cut, fold and glue. However, when I went to attach the bottom of the hull it didn't match up with the top and was too small. I didn't want to start over, so I cut the ends of the wing sections off at the fold, trimmed the excess off the hull, glued the wing end tops and bottoms, and glued the wing ends back to the hull at an angle.
Attached Thumbnails
Klingon Scout Ship-1.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-2.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-3.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-4.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-5.jpg  

Klingon Scout Ship-6.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-7.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-09-2013, 06:29 PM

The bridge module is also basic. I cut the tabs off all the small parts and edge glued. The main part of the bridge I kept the tabs.
Attached Thumbnails
Klingon Scout Ship-8.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-9.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-10.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-11.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-12.jpg  

Klingon Scout Ship-13.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-14.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-15.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-16.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 06:31 PM

The neck is a basic rectangle. I cut all the tabs off the rounded upper part of the neck connecter, kept the tabs on the lower rounded part, then glued that at the edge of the main hull only, leaving the pointed ends unglued.
Attached Thumbnails
Klingon Scout Ship-17.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-18.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-20.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-21.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-22.jpg  

Klingon Scout Ship-23.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 06:33 PM

The shuttlebay structure is a little tricky at this size because of the curved part on top. I used a toothpick to roll the curved areas before glueing. Once the shuttlebay structure is glued to the hull, I glued the pointed edges of the neck connecter to the sides of the shuttlebay.
Attached Thumbnails
Klingon Scout Ship-24.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-25.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-26.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-27.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-28.jpg  

Klingon Scout Ship-29.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-30.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-31.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 06:34 PM

The fronts and rears of the warp engines are built to slide in to the main bodies, but at this size they didn't really work, so I cut them down and kept just the edges. I rolled the main warp sections incorrectly, so now the tops are the sides. I was almost done and didn't mind how it looked, so I kept going. Final assembly completed - the Klingons are ready to take to the skies!
Attached Thumbnails
Klingon Scout Ship-32.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-33.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-34.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-35.jpg   Klingon Scout Ship-36.jpg  

Klingon Scout Ship-37.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
yay!
im going to build the re-color pdcool did for me, but I think I might do another one of it and make the panels burgundy.
great job on the build by the way , it looks real clean!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:50 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Great build!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 30.92 MB
Outstanding work as usual....thanks for the part alteration tip...I will use it if I decide to "reduce" the original.......and I always thought paper models will maintain the same shape when reduced!!!!!

Steve Arlo - "Zero Effect" - 1998
Old 11-25-2021, 01:33 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Raising a NecroThread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
yay!
im going to build the re-color pdcool did for me, but I think I might do another one of it and make the panels burgundy.
great job on the build by the way , it looks real clean!

Hey Spaceagent?

Did you ever try that repaint?

Burgundy armor would look pretty sweet, and a movie-era gray body with those panels even more interesting.

Ever get to it?

Tx!

Last edited by THE DC; 11-25-2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:31 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
spaceagent-9 has been banned from the forum, and is unlikely to see your message
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense