PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Space: Above and Beyond Chig Ships

Here's a couple of Chig ships from the short-lived series Space: Above and Beyond. The U450 Bomber (red), and the U378 Destroyer (green). The stand is by Gearz. Both were unfolded from 3D files I found online. The Bomber file was done by Steve "Spooky" Pike of b5mods.com. I built the Bomber several years ago, so its gotten a bit battered over the years. The Destroyer is much more recent.

Still to come, if and when my available time and ambition are both sufficient at the same time, are the "Chiggy Von Richtofen" fighter, the Diplomat Shuttle, and two different Chig carriers/motherships.

Scott K.
Attached Thumbnails
Space: Above and Beyond Chig Ships-dscn0396.jpg   Space: Above and Beyond Chig Ships-dscn0397.jpg   Space: Above and Beyond Chig Ships-dscn0398.jpg   Space: Above and Beyond Chig Ships-dscn0399.jpg   Space: Above and Beyond Chig Ships-dscn0400.jpg  

Space: Above and Beyond Chig Ships-dscn0401.jpg   Space: Above and Beyond Chig Ships-dscn0402.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-18-2013, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 11.06 MB
If it's helpful, I'd made this Chiggy von Richtofen several years ago in Sketchup.

Chiggy Von Richthofen by Gillman - 3D Warehouse

But I seem to remember there are alot of extraneous lines and faces that aren't visible from the outside.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.01 MB
Ahhh, S:A&B, oh, the memories!

Hated how they ended that show. Some debate between my and my siblings whether it was a cliffhangar and never got picked up again or if they just ended the show with a note of finality.

Well, your work is looking good so far! Hope to see more.

P.S. You know there's a USS Saratoga kit floating around, too?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
@Gillman, Thanks, but I already have a different CVR 3d model. The final parts will need some tweaking, but it looks buildable.

@RM, Thanks, too. I didn't care much for that ending, either. I did see it as a cliffhanger at the time, though. I've since heard somewhere that the show was cancelled because some Fox exec didn't like science fiction.

I did build the Saratoga, back when Gearz first designed and released it. I have the Eisenhower printed and ready to build somewhere, too. definately more of "my own" to follow. I've unfolded and printed Chiggy Von Richtofen and the Ambassador ship, just need to find the time to build them. I had a smaller Saratoga, but the resolution is too low to suit me. I'll just stick with Gearz' models for that class.

Scott K.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
From what I gather the ending was a desperate attempt to get the show picked up again. I recall reading that the hope was demand for an answer to the cliff hanger would prompt a renewal, sadly it never happened.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.01 MB
I've seen some low-res hammerhead models too. They didn't really grab me, though. Maybe someday we'll get a decent one that catches the shapes properly.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodentMaster View Post
I've seen some low-res hammerhead models too. They didn't really grab me, though. Maybe someday we'll get a decent one that catches the shapes properly.
I too would like to see a GOOD and DETAILED model (with cockpit and landing gear) of the SA-43 Hammerhead Fighter.