PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-13-2014, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 246.84 MB
U.S.S. Voyager Model?

Hi guys, I'm new here and with a question if anyone is willing to help.
For the past few days i've been searching the internet for any uss Voyager model that would be worthy of building (the only ones i've found are a hand drawn one that looks weird and a tiny 1/1900 model with no glue tabs)

Actualy i've found a topic on this forum by a member named "nothing" about his version but the thread has no download.
I've found a great model (a 1/1700 version of the tabless one) but again no download.

I'd really like to post the links to my findings but the forum keeps refusing to post it for some bizare reason O.o

If anyone has a 1/800 or 1/1700 version (prefferably the 1/800) with glue tabs and willing to share it I would greatly appreciate it!
I'm a huge Voyager fan, so this would mean alot to me if you understand
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2014, 11:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Welcome to the forum. To dissuade spam and piracy, the forum has a protocol on new members which doesn't allow links to be put in until a certain number of posts is reached. I think ten posts is the number.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
There is a 1:800 version by Christine U in the Downloads tab. Once you have more posts you will be able to download the model. It is in .pdo format with extra pieces in multiple .jpg pages. The intructions are in .pdf format.

There are a couple more versions too, but you might have seen those since they are by nothing/DWhale. Check out the SciFi & Real Space > Star Trek section in the Downloads tab and use the Search function below the Navigation headline bar and input USS Voyager. Do not use the Search function in the menu bar above the Navigation headline bar.

Welcome to the site.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Yeah, Christine U has the best one by far!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Ageed,the Christine version is by far the best one to work with,but it isnt for the faint of heart.take your time with it.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
I am working on the Christine model as well, but I did make some changes to make it easier to build (for me). If it is okay, I can post the edited .pdo file, though it is still under 'development', as I am changing things as I come to them in the build. For example, Christine removed ALL lines from the parts, my edit added only the outlines (by manually removing the inner fold lines). I also removed tabs, like the tabs on the phaser banks. The tabs are wider than the part itself!

Take heed though with the right/left side branded parts, it is very, very easy to get them wrong...
Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 AM

Thanks, everyone!

I'm glad that there is a good model available, i assume i need 10 posts to unlock it?

Btw I have limited experience with pepakura. I've tried a Kirov model once, but it didnt end well due to (i think) bugs in the program that make alot of things weird.

Quote:
Christine removed ALL lines from the parts
If you mean fold lines then i have to agree, I hate to see them on the finished model, it just looks awful.

EDIT: I've checked on Christine's model, THAT THING LOOKS AMAZING! I'ts just a shame that i'll never get it done if i start it...just looks too much work with all the details.

Last edited by MoffKalast; 01-14-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
the other Voyager is here:

PaperModelers.com - Downloads - USS Voyager, grey version in 1/1700

(bigger version here:
PaperModelers.com - Downloads - USS Voyager, grey version in 1/800 )

not so perfect like Christine´s, but her version is more or less based on this model!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
MoffKalast, here is a sample of what I changed on Christines Voyager.

This is the original.

This is the edited version.

I did this because without the outlines, it has really low contrast, making it very hard to cut out the shapes. Even with a powerful lamp and good eyes. I set the lines to Vector, so the lines stay crisp.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S.S. Voyager Model?-voyager-christine.jpg   U.S.S. Voyager Model?-voyager-edit.jpg  
Old 01-16-2014, 08:19 AM

Thanks, but i need to go buy some more paper first, my printer thought it would be funny to ruin my printouts by cutting off 5mm of every page. Now i have 25 printed faliures which i'll probably use as backups on the right resized version.

Buut i on the failed version i printed i set the lines to half transparent before and even still its perfectly visible even without a lamp. Are you printing stuff on draft quality?
Google Adsense