PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 10-18-2014, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 161.92 MB
All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion

...well...looks like mech3.org is gone for good. I had a couple of threads there showing pictures of the MW4 mechs I've made so far.

Since those threads are gone as well, I figure that I probably should show them here... Since there are quite a few of them, I'll start with mechs from the Black Knights expansion! They will all be in 1/40 scale and have a little blue origami guy scaled to my height (6' 1" or 184 cm) in 1/40 scale shown along with the mechs, just for "perspective".

This first one is the Uller. Designed by Shiftdel and built using the "uller_ghostbear" custom skin done by CMO_Sturm.

This one had a lot of small parts, but nothing too small other than the tiny gun nub above the much larger gun on the right arm. The antennae were pretty small to work with as well. The feet are big enough to fit a couple of coins, so it could stand on its own better. All in all, not too bad!
Attached Thumbnails
All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2397.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2398.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2399.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-18-2014, 06:49 PM

Two more! The Wolfhound and the Ryoken!

Wolfhound was designed by Blaar, and build using a boring white skin. It is pretty tall for a light mech, but very skinny!
This one was a straightforward build with only like a couple of very tiny parts: the joints connecting the upper and lower arms, the three chest lasers, and the single antenna. It was light and stable enough to stand on its own without a counterweight in the feet.

Ryoken was also designed by Blaar, and built using a custom skin I did. This one was pretty easy, with lots of box like pieces. The only small parts were for the wrist guns, but those weren't too bad. There were several large pieces that I had to reinforce over the big flat surfaces and where arms and legs connected. I put a few coins in the feet to counterweight it.

...hmm...and that's all I can do for now, probably will get the last two tomorrow...
Attached Thumbnails
All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2404.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2406.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2412.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2415.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2416.jpg  

All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2420.jpg  
Old 10-19-2014, 05:58 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Too bad about the MW3 site. I already miss it. Very nice builds. Do you fix your joints, or are your mechs posable? I usually glue my mechs into static poses - I'm not gonna play with them, and I find the models are kind of floppy with moveable joints. Have you experimented with the Pepakura print settings yet to make the dashed score lines more transparent? I took some photos of my completed MC2 Catapult, but wasn't happy with them - it was a dark day. I'll get them up soon. Again, nice job on these builds.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.28 MB
Thumbs up

nice to see Mechs here again,

great builds, thanks for sharing
Old 10-19-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Too bad about the MW3 site. I already miss it. Very nice builds. Do you fix your joints, or are your mechs posable? I usually glue my mechs into static poses - I'm not gonna play with them, and I find the models are kind of floppy with moveable joints. Have you experimented with the Pepakura print settings yet to make the dashed score lines more transparent? I took some photos of my completed MC2 Catapult, but wasn't happy with them - it was a dark day. I'll get them up soon. Again, nice job on these builds.
Yeah, all the joints are fixed, just for displaying. It's a shame though, I can see my nephews wanting to play with them...but as they are now, there's no way a paper model would survive them! (...I wonder what it would take to make a paper model solid enough to survive...children?)

As for the dashed lines, these mechs were made before the Artic Wolf, so what was done was done. I did try that on the MW4 Dragon I just printed out and it does seem less noticeable... we will see how it works out!

(Can't wait to see the Catapult, the MC2 one looks pretty good considering the low-poly nature of the MC2 models!)

Last edited by andersonmr34; 10-19-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 10-19-2014, 03:58 PM

...Oh! Right...the last two!

The Sunder was designed by Blaar, built using a custom skin I did (wanted to make it look like a Cybrid from those Earthsiege games for some reason?)

Instead of small parts being the tricky part, the Sunder had lots of large pieces! Lots of reinforcement for the main body and where arms/legs attached. Attaching the arms might require some stronger glue/support, due to how large the guns are compared to the tiny little arm connections. I added some counterweight to the feet, but it is probably stable enough as is to stand on its own. Not very difficult all in all, but its just the large pieces that might be tricky...

Black Knight was designed by Monkeyrum, and built using one of his custom skins based off of those "Calvin and Hobbs" comics. (I'm a big fan of those comics )

Nothing too complicated with the Black Knight. The torso ends up somewhat solid and while there are a few small parts, they aren't complicated. Again, there are some spots on the arms where there isn't much surface area to connect some of the larger pieces (like the shoulder plate), so some stronger glue might be needed. This one might be stable enough to stand on its own...I put some counterweight in the feet, just in case.

And that's it for the "Black Knights" expansion mechs! Maybe I'll save the "Mech Pak" mechs for when I get the last three done (or maybe split them up into Clan and IS?)
Attached Thumbnails
All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2422.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2423.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2425.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2428.jpg   All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2429.jpg  

All MW4 mechs from the "Black Knights" Expansion-img_2431.jpg  
Old 11-02-2014, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.66 MB
I'm looking for the paper model mechs that were hosted on mechwarrior3.org.

There is a group over at mechwarriorsunited.freeforums.net who are trying to create a new repository of them.

there is a list there of ones that are needed.

If you have any, PM me for my email.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-01-2014, 03:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonmr34 View Post
...Oh! Right...the last two!

The Sunder was designed by Blaar, built using a custom skin I did (wanted to make it look like a Cybrid from those Earthsiege games for some reason?)

Instead of small parts being the tricky part, the Sunder had lots of large pieces! Lots of reinforcement for the main body and where arms/legs attached. Attaching the arms might require some stronger glue/support, due to how large the guns are compared to the tiny little arm connections. I added some counterweight to the feet, but it is probably stable enough as is to stand on its own. Not very difficult all in all, but its just the large pieces that might be tricky...

Black Knight was designed by Monkeyrum, and built using one of his custom skins based off of those "Calvin and Hobbs" comics. (I'm a big fan of those comics )

Nothing too complicated with the Black Knight. The torso ends up somewhat solid and while there are a few small parts, they aren't complicated. Again, there are some spots on the arms where there isn't much surface area to connect some of the larger pieces (like the shoulder plate), so some stronger glue might be needed. This one might be stable enough to stand on its own...I put some counterweight in the feet, just in case.

And that's it for the "Black Knights" expansion mechs! Maybe I'll save the "Mech Pak" mechs for when I get the last three done (or maybe split them up into Clan and IS?)
I've actually never seen the black knight built by anyone. I unfolded it and released it without a beta I believe. Build looks good. I was actually thinking I might need to build one here...
Old 12-06-2014, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyrum View Post
I've actually never seen the black knight built by anyone. I unfolded it and released it without a beta I believe. Build looks good. I was actually thinking I might need to build one here...
...Huh...really? I would have figured that the Black Knight would have been a little more popular...with the whole "black knights" expansion thing and whatnot!

It really is a pretty good model...I wouldn't have know it was an untested model if you didn't mention that. Thanks again for releasing it! I'll look forward to seeing your build if you decide to go for it!

...That reminds me...I have 5 more mech builds I could post here...probably should do that in the near future... (and maybe finish up that Dragon as well!)
Old 12-06-2014, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
Anyone working on a Sagittaire?
Not a MW4 model but of the same Battletech era...beautiful Davion mech!
Google Adsense