PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-01-2015, 01:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Very nice build. I've thought about trying this one. I was thinking about a shadowbox frame to hang on the wall with maybe a simulated grillwork in the back like the one you always see in the engineering section of the Enterprise. I thought it would make a neat display for a weapons collection in Capt. Kirk's quarters. Make two with one for federation weapons and one for captured enemy weapons. You could build "hooks" for small shelf projections to sit the weapons on so that they are removable. You could also build in rare earth magnets into the weapons and the displays to hold them in place.
Great work!
Clif
Old 06-02-2015, 12:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
What a great build. I have a 1:1 Next Gen , curved handle hand Phaser, which I thought was pretty good, but this Phaser is the biz. Well done that man !
Old 06-02-2015, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.45 MB
Thanks for the nice words, guys. Displaying this thing is a bit of a challenge. Vermin_King, it'd look cool hanging in the truck but there's no way this thing would ever fit in a gun rack. Reuben Klamer knew how to design an awesome toy but he knew nothing about actual firearms. This thing is wide and tall instead of narrow and short, which makes it a pain to hold or "fire," as you can see in my awesome selfie! That's why Kirk held it the way he did.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:01 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
This was a clean, solid build and very helpful to those of us considering doing it ourselves. The clear covers of the power coils were well explained and the extra detail on reinforcing portions was particularly helpful.

This was a great thread with excellent detail and well coordinated pics to explain. Thanks much for sharing!

The DC
Old 06-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
wow that looks good!!!
Google Adsense