PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-24-2014, 01:56 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Die Glocke (Nazi Bell)

I just finished this model of the Nazi Bell, which was a free download over at paper-replica.com. Jules did a terrific job designing this kit. It has very few parts, but builds up into a really nice looking model. The little Nazi guy in front is there to lend a sense of scale.

The Bell legend is very mysterious. Assuming for the moment that the whole story is true, it was an SS experiment in an alternate form of propulsion, using contra rotating cylinders of something called "red mercury" or "Xerum 525". Supposedly when this engine was fully wound up, it resulted in an anti-gravity effect, and the machine had to be chained to its platform to keep it stable and tethered in place. It gave off a type of radiation when in operation, and unsuspecting scientists were sickened early on. SS General Hans Kammler was in charge of the project. The program had to be shut down quickly as the Red army advanced westward, and the machine was moved. Legend has it that when the project was scrapped, over 200 slave laborers and 65 scientists working on the Bell were executed per Hitler's orders, such was the sensitivity of the research. Kammler seems to have disappeared. He was not one of those picked up during America's Operation Paperclip, and the Russians deny any knowledge of his post war whereabouts. The Bell was never found, officially, although eye witness descriptions of it and the unidentified flying object allegedly recovered in Kecksburg, PA 20 years later are suspiciously similar, right down to the cryptic symbols around the base.

The build was straightforward, with no problems to report. I chose to score the tall piece with the swastikas so it would more neatly mate up with the parts on either end of it. I may still add the tethering chains if I can find something suitable. That's about it. I wasn't able to find a thread on this kit, either here or over at Zealot, so I thought I'd share. I only took one photo - it looks pretty much the same from every angle.
Attached Thumbnails
Die Glocke (Nazi Bell)-nazi-bell.jpg  

Last edited by rockpaperscissor; 06-24-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 06-24-2014, 02:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
You did a GREAT JOB on this project!

Michael's craft shop should have small enough chain for this so that you can "tether" it down.

It was a very interesting story as well.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks good. There has been some TV shows about that thing.

Another source for chain would be a dollar store jewelry section.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
awesome and very interesting!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 44.88 MB
Why not

make it float with MAGNETS !
Google Adsense
Old 06-24-2014, 02:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoebaboy View Post
make it float with MAGNETS !
That is a GREAT idea!!!
I would like to see how that would be done cheaply.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:47 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Many thanks for your comments, fellas. Great ideas on locating chains, and I gotta hand it to you amoebaboy, you really think outside the box. Repelling magnets is an outstanding idea. I've seen a small globe that floats between magnets above and below it. It's too late for this model, since its all sealed up, and glued down to the base, but boy, what an idea.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I think you might want to make another one. That way you can have 'Off' and 'On'
Old 06-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
a thin guitar string could ''float'' it, but I like the magnet ideas
Old 06-24-2014, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 44.88 MB
it can be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Many thanks for your comments, fellas. Great ideas on locating chains, and I gotta hand it to you amoebaboy, you really think outside the box. Repelling magnets is an outstanding idea. I've seen a small globe that floats between magnets above and below it. It's too late for this model, since its all sealed up, and glued down to the base, but boy, what an idea.
while researching anti grav systems for one of my flying saucer projects i came across this wonderful device, still a bit expensive but oh the possibilities.
Antigravity Floating Platform Levitron Worldstage ~ Incredible Science - YouTube
Google Adsense