Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
There is a cubee version out there
Here is where you can find it:
Paper Foldables Blog: TWIKI from BUCK ROGERS
Old 07-21-2014, 11:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Now if we can just find someone to model Twiki as a paper model.
Clif
I am thinking of making a figurine of Twiki (in the same scale as the others) for the Buck Rogers series (although, I know that I will DESPERATELY NEED the help from Revell-Fan on this one).
Old 07-22-2014, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 179.03 MB
A Twiki figure would be great. I've been researching Buck Rogers for a while. I'm trying to find some good photos of some of the set walls in the flight hanger and New Chicago. Like Buck's apartment and Dr. Huer office. If I can find some clear photos I think I could recreate the patterns in Photoshop. It would be nice to create some dioramas to park the Thunder Fighter and Ranger 3 in. I haven't been able to screen dump the DVDs into photos on my MacBook Pro so far. I make a lot of action figure, and scale model car displays and play-sets to display my toy collection. What I make is kind of like mini movie sets. I've posted a few of them here in the forum. New ones are in the works now. You can check out some of them in my online portfolio here: https://www.behance.net/georgeleeclifton Or my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/CliftonCustomToys
Old 07-22-2014, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
I have already made a pattern for a 3 3/4" Crichton figure. I only have to revise it and adapt a few things to make it easier to build.

I too am about to make a diorama of the Searcher bridge and then starting a few 3 3/4" action figures of BSG, Buck and maybe a few others.

Last edited by Revell-Fan; 07-22-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Sounds great Revell-Fan. If I get some textures and graphics done I'll be glad to let you have a copy. I think you gave me a copy of your Searcher computers a while back. I found a new video player for my MacBook Pro thats supposed to let you pause and screen dump the image. I've got the Buck Rogers DVD set, so I'll try it and see if I can find something useable. Most of the walls in their sets were vacuum formed and used everywhere and painted different colors. I just saw a set of original Buck Rogers action figures on Ebay for less than $30.00.
Clif
Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2014, 08:05 AM

Sounds terrific! I simply love the show (along with BSG). Yes about the wall elements. Paul Peters designed them to be modular so that they could be arranged in different combinations to cut down production costs. BSG had HUGE wall elements which looked GREAT but which were easily recognizable BECAUSE of the detail they put into them; so they could be used only in their specific spots to look "correct". On "Buck" they used spots to illumine the walls and to make them appear in different colours. I especially enjoy the scenes where they have used a sheet (!) as a wall element; every time an actor passes by the sheet would move because of the draft!

The only set piece which looked a bit spartan IMO was the EDD hangar deck because it was missing a ceiling; the background was almost completely blacked out. OK, the flashing lights compensated for that!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 PM

Rhaven Black and Revell-Fan, since I started this post with a Buck Rogers question, heres another one. While watching season 2 of Buck Rogers is the Searcher shuttle the same shuttle used in the original Battlestar Galactica?
Clif
Old 07-24-2014, 10:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Rhaven Black and Revell-Fan, since I started this post with a Buck Rogers question, heres another one. While watching season 2 of Buck Rogers is the Searcher shuttle the same shuttle used in the original Battlestar Galactica?
Clif
The blocky wedge shaped one?? Yes... It was the Galactica shuttle(s).

It was also used in the first season episode "Planet of the Slave Girls" episode when they transported Wilma across the desert to Kaleel's fortress.

The original "Ranger 3" shuttle in the pilot episode of Buck Rogers was also redressed and used heavily in the second season... the vertical stabilizer on the tail was removed and smaller wingtip fins installed instead, and it was given an "Earth Defense Directorate" paint job with the tan/orange/brown stripes and EDD shield symbol... It was prominently featured in a number of episodes, especially in the one where Buck turns into a Centaur due to a wolf bite on some distant planet...

Both shows were done by Glen A. Larson and thus probably shared a lot of props, if you really look... especially big ones like ships...

Later! OL JR
Old 07-25-2014, 05:32 AM

Just take a look at these galleries and be amazed:
Home > Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (1979 - 1981) > Recycled props from Battlestar Galactica Screen Captures - ByYourCommand.net Gallery
Old 07-25-2014, 06:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
WOW! That's a great site! LOTS of stuff on there that was reused, but might not be instantly apparent.

Thanks for posting that! As a big fan of the ORIGINAL BSG and BRIT25C, I love that sort of stuff...

Later! OL JR