PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-06-2014, 10:52 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Andromeda Gerat (Bryan Tan)

Three or four months ago, videos were taken in Ukraine of a gigantic cylindrical "UFO" slowly crossing the sky in broad daylight. Besides finding their way onto Youtube, the videos have also been broadcast on mainstream media outlets in the USA and Europe.

Even wilder, it has been reported that this was actually the unveiling of an American secret weapon 3,000+ feet in length and capable of incredible speed and devastating destructive potential. It has been dubbed "The Sky Dreadnought". Google it. Fascinating, if not bizarre reading.

Anyway, from these stories I've been inspired to attempt a build of Rocketmantan's Andromeda Gerat, another giant cylindrical craft allegedly built by the Nazis for the ultimate purpose of interstellar travel to Aldeberan, the planet from which the Vril women received their psychic instructions enabling the construction of the various anti-gravity Vril and Haunebu saucers. At over 450 feet in length, the Andromeda ships (there were two allegedly built) were huge. They carried four large antigravity engines of the type used in the Vril and Haunebu craft. The Andromeda(s) had two large cargo holds, one of which held a Haunebu II and the other, two of the smaller Vril I or II ships. Firepower was provided by 6 KSK ray cannons in 3 topside turrets.

Bryan's model has well drawn and labeled parts spread across 5 pages. A numbered side view of the craft and a few helpful notes serves as the instructions. The kit includes a mini-model of a Haunebu II, and a cargo bay interior, so it cries out for open bay doors, at least on one side. I'll give it a shot.

More to come soon.......
Google Adsense
Old 08-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Sure is nice that there are no high resolution long lensed cameras in existence anywhere in the entire known universe so there could be nice, clear photos and videos of them things. Gotta keep'em secret, don't you know.

Also it is nice to see that the military is starting to make super secret aircraft that fly low and slow. Keeps other folks from having to waste too much ammo trying to shoot them down.

The model build you are starting sounds interesting.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 891.03 MB
I looked through several of the other youtube videos listed, one was basically a radio type broadcast with a bunch of pictures added. Two of the pictures looked to be screen captures from something called turner radio network about the so-called "Sky Dreadnought". If you freeze frame and expand you can make out one of the pictures, the second, which looks like an array of rectangular plates sticking out of something overhead. You don't have to look up to see those, just look under most modern tugboats. It's an omnidirectional thruster used to allow the tug to move and pull in any direction without requiring turning by means of a rudder. It's similar in operation to the Azipod electric propulsors now being put on some ships, I believe. Somebody has a little problem with reality, I think. TomW
Old 08-06-2014, 08:51 PM

Well, it's fun to imagine what if, anyway.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:20 PM

I've made some progress on the Andromeda Gerat, assembling 4 of the base fuselage segments (front 2 and rear 2). I used an internal glue strip to join the sides of each skin, forming a cylinder. Bulkheads at either end were affixed to 1mm cardboard, cut out with scissors, and slid into the ends of the cylinders. All the bulkheads were oversized, but at least they were uniformly oversized, making trimming a bit easier. I cut each bulkhead out on the inside the line, sanding away any bit of black that might have remained. Then I went all around the edge with a black Sharpie, and sanded again, removing all the black that had sunk into the edge of the cardboard. This procedure resulted in perfectly fitted bulkheads.

The center section contains the cargo hold, and here I ran into difficulty. I'm pretty sure I can fix the problem, though. The roof and floor are both too wide by a pretty fair amount, so I'm going to have to cut the skin into 4 sections and glue them to the interior bulkheads one at a time. Pictures will follow shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Andromeda Gerat (Bryan Tan)-andromeda2_zps413a47a4.jpg   Andromeda Gerat (Bryan Tan)-andromeda1_zps5fd32dc5.jpg  
Google Adsense