PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft

I guess the title should read Airdave's and Jörg Stammen'S Galileo shuttlecrafts because I been meaning to do both models one after the other, and put the finished model side by side. The first model is Airdave's because I thought it would help me when I do Jörg Stammen'S model. Plus even though it was only one page long it still looks great when finished.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-01.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-02.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-03.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-04.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-05.jpg  

TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-06.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-07.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-08.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-09.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-10.jpg  

TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-11.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-12.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-13.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-14.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-15.jpg  

TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-16.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-17.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-18.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-19.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-20.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 AM

The last picture in the beginning of this thread are of the tail ends of the Nacelles. They were suppose to be flat, but I went rounded instead. Sorry Airdave, but I just like it that way. The rest of the build is the way it should be. Anyway here is the rest of the build including the finished model.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-21.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-22.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-23.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-24.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-25.jpg  

TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-26.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-27.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-28.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-29.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-30.jpg  

TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-31.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-32.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-33.jpg  
Old 09-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
steaming hot water and a rounded probe , mashing those from the back into Styrofoam, make nice cleaner domes. GREAT WORK! always love to see star trek stuff being built!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:40 AM

Thank you Spaceagent for the compliments, and thanks for the tip!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB

glad to see you tackled the model at the intended scale.

yeah, the back ends of the nacelles are large "balls".
The nose cones were complicated enough at that scale
...I didn't want to add balls too!
lol

thats a nice set of build pics.
well done

does your kit have the support brackets for under the nacelle wings?
older versions of my model do not.
it was something I added at a later date.
Google Adsense
Old 09-01-2014, 12:39 PM

Airdave the first pics in the beginning of the thread is the only support for the nacelles that was in the model, but I checked my computer and it says I downloaded it 4/22/12. I couldn't help myself (a Galileo at one piece of paper scale) I had to get it. Back then I was just starting into paper models, and it looked easy as well as looking fantastic! The nacelles were hard, but the rest was fairly easy. Thank again for a great model.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
not a big deal...some very small brackets that go under the wings.
if you download the file again, you'll get the newer version.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:08 PM

Thanks Airdave. I just redownloaded it and I see what you mean. Thanks to Jörg Stammen'S Galileo model I even know where they go. Thank you very much for letting me know about the changes.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:24 PM

I was doing some research on the interior, as well as exterior of the Galileo, when I came across this picture which blew my mind. As you can see it is Alan Carter (Nick Tate) aboard the shuttlecraft Galileo, from Star Trek. This is a photo from a convention in the 1970s, and thats all I could find out about it. What is interesting is the interior is almost totally redesigned, so I am not sure if it was a mock up for the convention or what. Since this thread is about paper models of the Galileo I thought people would like to see this picture, and I didn't know if anybody knew about it.
Anyway with that said here are the pictures of Galileo_II by Jörg Stammen that I started on today, Will post more as I make more progress.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-alangalileo.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-01.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-02.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-03.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-04.jpg  

TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-05.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-06.jpg   TOS Galileo Shuttlecraft-07.jpg  
Old 09-02-2014, 08:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Your first build of the Galileo looks GREAT!
I like the interior components of your new build.
If I may ask, where did you get the templates for the interior?