PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Astartes, Space Marines

The build continues for the Astartes, this session is on the foot which is more intricate but necessary to achieve the illusion of a boot.
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-050.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-051.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-052.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-053.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-054.jpg  

Astartes Space Marine-055.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-056.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-057.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-058.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-059.jpg  

Old 09-22-2014, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
WOW! Exquisite work! And in all my years of building in paper, I never ever thought of using a little wooden former the way you've done.... something new learned every day, just as it should be! Your work here is more akin to metalsmithing, and I like that approach; it suits the subject (armour) well.
Looking forward to seeing more of this amazing build :-)
Plumdragon
Old 09-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Eternal Member

Astartes, Space Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdragon View Post
WOW! Exquisite work! And in all my years of building in paper, I never ever thought of using a little wooden former the way you've done.... something new learned every day, just as it should be! Your work here is more akin to metalsmithing, and I like that approach; it suits the subject (armour) well.
Looking forward to seeing more of this amazing build :-)
Plumdragon
Thanks for looking in and I am pleased that you like my technique. This also works better if the the paper is slightly wet. This part had coloring on it so that it could not be made damp or the ink would run.

I am tied up with three grandsons and their different schedules for baseball practice and games. While I have a bunch of photos taken, it takes time to edit them for uploading, so bear with me. Here are some more updates on the build.
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-060.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-061.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-062.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-063.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-064.jpg  

Astartes Space Marine-065.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-066.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-067.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-068.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-069.jpg  

Old 09-23-2014, 12:51 PM

Silveroxide, am certainly able to bear with you, Sir :-) Quality can't be rushed! It's a pleasure seeing this level of detail and skill in a papermodel, and I'm sure any wait will be worth it :-)
Plumdragon
Old 09-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Eternal Member

Astartes, Space Marines

Quote:
Silveroxide, am certainly able to bear with you, Sir :-) Quality can't be rushed! It's a pleasure seeing this level of detail and skill in a papermodel, and I'm sure any wait will be worth it :-)
Plumdragon

Thanks for looking in and for your kind comment. The figure is finished but I am just fine tuning and adding options for it.

Here is the next batch of photos on the Astartes.
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-070.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-071.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-072.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-073.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-074.jpg  

Astartes Space Marine-075.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-076.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-077.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-078.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-079.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-25-2014, 06:26 PM

For me, this simply gets better and better :-) Is that weapon on the backdrop to pic 79 your design? That's very clever to build it up in laminated layers like that; I can see it would result in a completely different effect than producing it from little 'boxes' or other folded shapes. Another new thing I've learned, thank you :-)
The figure looks stunning!
Plumdragon
Old 09-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Eternal Member

Astartes, Space Marines

Quote:
For me, this simply gets better and better :-) Is that weapon on the backdrop to pic 79 your design? That's very clever to build it up in laminated layers like that; I can see it would result in a completely different effect than producing it from little 'boxes' or other folded shapes. Another new thing I've learned, thank you :-)
The figure looks stunning!
Plumdragon
The weapon is partially my design, I used some from the original designer but I also make my weapons the same way. The pulse rifles in my ALIENS APC build were done the same way. The main effect is that I drilled a hole in the front center for the barrel and made the barrel from a paper swab stick, or a tooth pick could be used as well. A weapons build is upcoming after the Astartes is finished.

As mentioned earlier, the figure is finished but the editing will continue for a while and also some extra options to the model will be posted as well. I have three head configurations, the sword, Two environmental back packs configurations, the power chainsword, and weapons of different liveries. Enjoy and see you with some more updates.
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-080.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-081.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-082.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-083.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-084.jpg  

Astartes Space Marine-085.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-086.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-087.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-088.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-089.jpg  

Old 09-27-2014, 08:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Outstanding modeling work as usual!!!
Old 09-27-2014, 06:22 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I've enjoyed this thread immensely. Great job on this little guy. Very detailed and intricate work on a very small model.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:55 AM

Seconding the comments from rockpaperscissor here :-) So impressive, and looks every inch (or millimetre, it being so small!) a professional piece of work.
To be honest, I have seen a lot of figures that seem to be constructed from 'facets' and retain that look when built, which I personally find really unappealing; these have the look of a resin kit (that's a compliment, not an insult hahaha!) but go one better, being made of paper :-) Looking forward to seeing how that weapon comes together...
Plumdragon
Google Adsense