PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Astartes Space Marine

The build thread for the space marines will start shortly, here is a teaser for the the Warhammer crowd. As shown in Armormans thread, the size is about inquisitor size and leaves a lot of room for detailing and posing. I used some items from JC kerinsky's design found here. Whole Bunch O' 40k Goodness... It is not in the downloads at the moment but mine will be there I used especially the upper body and the weapons. There are a lot of tweaks in the build and it is build-able. The model for this thread will be that of a Space Wulf. I hope that you will all enjoy another long boring thread by me.
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-078.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-001.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-002.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-003.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-004.jpg  

Last edited by silveroxide; 09-04-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Long....sometimes, boring....hardly. I haven't been bored by one of your threads yet, even if the subject didn't appeal to me. Looking forward to this one as well, it should be a goodie!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Long....sometimes, boring....hardly. I haven't been bored by one of your threads yet, even if the subject didn't appeal to me. Looking forward to this one as well, it should be a goodie!

Thanks for looking in. Sometimes it does get frustrating in making the build thread. I try to check my grammar and I do make a whole bunch of grammatical errors but over all it is understandable. Very rarely do I post a finished subject, I like to show how the model is built, to help others to build them as well.

More on the upper torso, armoured chest plate. The eagle is laminated up in three layered sections. I used an orange sharpie to bring out the highlights of the chest piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-005.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-006.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-007.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-008.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-009.jpg  

Old 09-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
"Grammar is not your grammaw, it's your grammar..." - Schoolhouse Rock...
Old 09-05-2014, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Great "SBS" photos.. Looking forward to watching this develop.
Google Adsense
Old 09-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORMAN View Post
"Grammar is not your grammaw, it's your grammar..." - Schoolhouse Rock...
But it always comes down to understanding the written word. Thanks for looking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatcrow2 View Post
Great "SBS" photos.. Looking forward to watching this develop.

Thank you for looking in. My SBS method is designed to help other build better models and hopefully better than mine.

So the build continues. Here is the next batch of photos. The comments in the photos are self explanatory.
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-010.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-011.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-012.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-013.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-014.jpg  

Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Eternal Member

Astartes, Space Marines

Continuing with the Space Marine. The shoulder pads are formed, the environmental support is attached. The unit designations are applied, for this marine, it is a tactical unit The arrow for this marine will eventually black but for now it is white. The wulf head is a bit low but it will be rectified later on. The waist is formed and it should fit snugly into the upper armor chest plate. I will glue mine into place but if left unglued, it can be shifted to pose the figure into different positions.
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-015.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-016.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-017.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-018.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-019.jpg  

Old 09-12-2014, 10:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Your build threads are always so educational. Thanks
Old 09-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Your build threads are always so educational. Thanks

Thanks for looking in. I do enjoy doing the step by step. This is my way of showing that the model is really made from paper.

I hope that this is not a double post, so here again is the build thread of the Astartes.

The build continues and here is a teaser of the Space Marines status. It is lacking its environmental pack but it is coming along well
Attached Thumbnails
Astartes Space Marine-082.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-020.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-021.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-022.jpg   Astartes Space Marine-023.jpg  

Astartes Space Marine-024.jpg  
Old 09-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Interesting build Silver. You've not done a figure that I remember. I like the way you get the parts to fit snugly. Tell me, is the figure a wolf, a human or some sort of hybrid? I ask because of the tail. Couldn't really tell from the heads.
Google Adsense