PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
What I've been up to....

Hello Friends Hopefully this is the right place to put this; just wanted to share my latest finished project, Thunderchilds' Last Starfighter. Built for a friend even though it's not my usual fayre. I didn't share the build, because I wasn't sure how I'd get on with the model, but it's done now
This is, of course, a Photoshopped pic of my model against a starry backdrop,with the simple addition of a little lense flare for effect. The model is WYSIWYG, just as photographed.... there is another picture uploaded to my Gallery, if you'd care to look, and if you've any questions on the build feel free to ask.
Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
What I've been up to....-gunstar-3.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-10-2014, 09:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nicely done. How long did it take to build?
Old 09-10-2014, 09:24 AM

Thank you, Sir :-) I wasn't really counting, but it took around 6 weeks, on and off, far longer than I usually spend on designing something from scratch.... but I do sneak in something more to my taste, to have a break now and again (Airdaves' exquisite little LeMans Porsche, in this instance)
Plumdragon
Old 09-10-2014, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I know what you mean. I did a 'Tunnel Rat' paper toy last night as a breather from these trains for the nursing home. After the next one, I am going to do the Sweet Robo, articulated robot again. I don't remember who I gave the other one to. If you want to see what it looks like, do a search for Sweet Robo and it should take you to JohnM's build. AirDave's Bud Wagon is up after that

Unless I get distracted ... AGAIN
Old 09-10-2014, 10:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
You did a SPECTACULAR JOB on the build!
The scene is STELLAR!!!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:46 AM

Thank you very much indeed, Mr Blaack :-) Got to confess, this was one of the most difficult and challenging builds I've ever undertaken, but turned out quite nicely in the end.. I'm toying with the idea of building another Sci-Fi machine, but have had Nemesis' Blitzspear craft on the design back burner for an age now; perhaps it's time to resurrect that!
Plumdragon
Old 09-11-2014, 08:16 AM

I am not familiar with Nemesis' Blitzspear craft, but I am interested in seeing it.

If you are up for suggestions, I would really like to see what you could do with one of the Thunder Fighters from PaperAviation - Faszination Kartonmodellbau
With your skills, I think that you could really knock it out of the park!
Old 09-13-2014, 04:10 PM

The Blitzspear

Hello Mr Blaack This is the Blitzspear, craft of the character Nemesis the Warlock, who first appeared in the UK Sci-Fi comic 2000ad way back in 1980; although we didn't get to see him for a long time - just his ship. From the imagination of the super-talented artist Kev o'Neill, the man who invented Steam Punk before we even knew what Steam Punk was. Design wise, it's really just a toilet roll tube with an arrow on the front, and as the strip was drawn black & white, my model would also be B&W....

I checked out those Thunderfighters btw; interesting looking machines, but I doubt I could build it better than the one you've done!

I'm getting a lot of inspiration from this Forum. I'm feeling a bit stale on the design side - Aircraft? Done that. Car? Done that.Train? Done that. Buildings, furniture.... it all amounts to just redoing the same formats, but looking over this Forum I'm finding some really interesting things that are stimulating my imagination, like Silveroxide's Space Marines, something I wouldn't have considered building even 6 months ago.... and 'Alternate Dimensions' is a good description for what goes on in my head sometimes
Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
What I've been up to....-a_blitzspear_front_comic.jpg   What I've been up to....-seth.jpg  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.58 MB
Man that is cool. I'd like to give that a try
Old 09-13-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdragon View Post
Hello Mr Blaack This is the Blitzspear, craft of the character Nemesis the Warlock, who first appeared in the UK Sci-Fi comic 2000ad way back in 1980; although we didn't get to see him for a long time - just his ship. From the imagination of the super-talented artist Kev o'Neill, the man who invented Steam Punk before we even knew what Steam Punk was. Design wise, it's really just a toilet roll tube with an arrow on the front, and as the strip was drawn black & white, my model would also be B&W....

I checked out those Thunderfighters btw; interesting looking machines, but I doubt I could build it better than the one you've done!

I'm getting a lot of inspiration from this Forum. I'm feeling a bit stale on the design side - Aircraft? Done that. Car? Done that.Train? Done that. Buildings, furniture.... it all amounts to just redoing the same formats, but looking over this Forum I'm finding some really interesting things that are stimulating my imagination, like Silveroxide's Space Marines, something I wouldn't have considered building even 6 months ago.... and 'Alternate Dimensions' is a good description for what goes on in my head sometimes
Plumdragon
The pics look interesting and I am looking forward to seeing how this project works out.
I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH IT!!!

As for you building the Thunder Fighter. I would still like to see your build of it. One thing that I have learned about this hobby as a whole; It really does not matter how many times a particular model is build and by how many people build it, each model is unique, with its own characteristics. Each person has their own way of seeing how the finished model looks and has their own way of constructing and building a model.
With that being said, I would like to encourage you to go ahead and build your own Thunder Fighter (or even an entire squadron if you like). If you wish, you can use my thread as a guild or a spark of inspiration for your own build.

I look forward to seeing more of your work (regardless of what it is)!