PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
tos grissom type

I was hoping someone might make one of these.
Attached Thumbnails
tos grissom type-uss_hyperion_by_jim197-d4m1f0r.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-27-2014, 01:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.35 MB
If you mean to find a model of that ship then maybe this is what you are looking for.

Star Trek - USS Grissom Modellbaubogen
Old 12-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
actually Shadowhawk,
in 2006 when I started looking for a new kind of interest because I stopped working at a certain job and had a great deal of lag time, I needed to find something that would really keep me interested, the keyboard and this model you listed were the two runnerups. I had never really thought of paper modeling as anything, as I was completely ignorant about the entire subject, except for the gulf oil lunar Eagle I loved as a kid. when I was running searches thru images on my browser search I caught this model you posted. I went and looked as I like star trek and I thought it was a scratch build. I was surprised. the excellent detail and appearance! I looked for more and found the yahoo star trek paper models group and was immediately put down for being an over excited newbie with no talent. lol! whatever, right? I kept plugging away and still am a devoted paper modeling amateur. but the Grissom was the first and then the Romulan bird of prey, and of course, Ron's 1701. my relatives wince when the subject comes up. but tolerate me as if I were some kind of leper that they have to be nice to about it. lol. I love paper models and mods and have broken the rules so many times like dennis the menace to mr. Wilson, I have been like to my gods, and respected teachers, masters and well, I am just awe-stricken by the work people do with paper modeling. [lately I am starting to remember to put the credit for a model where it should go and even put my name on my own drawings, to avoid any confusion] still, I am more offended by no one thanking someone who gives a free gift of a model to the public and baffled why anyone would get upset at mods or recolors. of course stealing someone's work and selling it as your own is outlandishly wrong. but If I found someone doing that to any of my simple models I would probably be more flattered than offended. after all I did give them out for free. but thank you for reminding me about the first time I saw something that was out of my span, and the interest it invoked in me to reach up and grow... and build such a magnificent model, that still amazes me as a very realistic rendition of a studio prop. and the fact that it is very satisfying to build it piece by piece, as I drank coffee and was rained in for 8 months with nothing to do. now, I am drowned by the pouring sunshine here in the desert, but I have a great excuse to stay inside and build paper models.