PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-31-2015, 07:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Haste makes...

Since I'd given away my copy of AirDave's Tardis, I wanted one for myself, and tried to crank it out in one night after a long day at work.

If you aren't familiar with this model, the only tedious part is cutting out the 32 little rectangles and edging them. Made great progress, but it was getting late with only having to attach the roof. I was very afraid of the white tab peaking out from under the roof on the front edge, so I took extreme care to get the front edge just right, but when I glued down the sides and back, there was my (at that time) greatest fear ... white peaking out.

Keep in mind that I was up at 6:30 in the morning, worked ten hours and stubbornly decided that I was going to do this in one night. So I gently worked the hobby knife under the edge to lift the roof so I could use my blue pen to take care of the offensive whiteness.

Honest, I just barely touched it, but the ink sucked into the paper turning what had been a problem with a hardly noticeable white line into the gigantic blue blotch from hell, as illustrated in the first two photos.

This morning before going to a meeting, I printed up a slightly enlarged roof and covered my error. So learn from my error. If you think you are too tired, you probably are.
Attached Thumbnails
Haste makes...-20150122_224231.jpg   Haste makes...-20150122_224316.jpg   Haste makes...-20150131_092802.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Still a good model. If we didn't make mistakes, we would never improve.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.45 MB
Nice recovery!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I felt so stupid, and amazed. Edging went smoothly, but one quick touch of the pen along the edge, and the huge blotch appeared. Could that be because the glue was still damp underneath?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I felt so stupid, and amazed. Edging went smoothly, but one quick touch of the pen along the edge, and the huge blotch appeared. Could that be because the glue was still damp underneath?
Certainly could be, but also, what kind of pens do you use for edging? Some bleed more than others. I always try to work from the back side when edging. Often the ink doesn't bleed all the way through the paper but more along the surface, depending on what weight of paper/card you're using.

Steve
Google Adsense