PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-16-2015, 08:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 107.33 MB
My recollection is that for the film, they had double amputees operate the droids, so that may give you an idea of the size as well. Hope this helps.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I wasn't curious about the actual size of the Droids.
I've seen this film a dozen times.
One of the best SciFi films ever made.

And I am familiar with the disabled actors who played the Droids.
I was just thinking it might be fun to build a full size one.

1971 - "Silent Running" Drones - Doug Trumbull, Don Trumbull, Paul Kraus & James Dow (American) - cyberneticzoo.com

However, Uhu's file is not readily editable
and the model would require some serious structural modifications.
Dolza's try at doubling the scale model might be the maximum the design can handle.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.72 GB
Paso el tiempo pero seguimos avanzando. Se complico un poco el trabajo en la zona superior de las piezas naranjas. Todavia no estoy seguro del movimiento y la estabilidad de las patas una vez terminado el modelo. Espero con ansias terminar el robot para ver como resulta el movimiento del conjunto.
Hace mucho tiempo que descubri que el modelo usado en la pelicula era manejado por una persona sin piernas, y aun hoy todavia me causa un poco de impresion. Tambien me sorprendi mucho cuando descubri que R2D2 era manejado por una persona enana. Cosas de la epoca. Hoy en dia seria imposible de imaginar algo asi, no?
Saludos a todos y gracias por el interes en el modelo.

Time passed but we move forward. A bit complicated work at the top of the orange pieces. Still not sure of the movement and the stability of the legs once the finished model. I look forward end of the robot to see how is the movement of the assembly.
Long ago I discovered that the model used in the movie was run by one person with no legs, and even today still causes me some impression. I also surprised when I discovered that R2D2 was run by a dwarf person. Things of the time. Today it would be impossible to imagine something, no?
Greetings to all and thanks for your interest in the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey-6-1-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey-6-2-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey-6-3-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey-6-4-.jpg  
Old 01-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Your work looks good Guillermo. Looking forward to Dewey's completion.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:28 PM

Hola a todos. Ya estoy llegando al final. Al principio parecia algo complicado el sistema de las patas. A medida que el armado avanzaba se hacia mas facil. Solo hay que tener cuidado con las piezas.
Saludos y hasta la semana que viene

Hi all. I am coming to the end. At first it seemed somewhat complicated system of the legs. As the armed progressed it became easier. Just be careful with the pieces.
Greetings and until next week
Attached Thumbnails
Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-1-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-2-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-3-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-4-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-5-.jpg  

Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-6-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-7-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-8-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-9-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-10-.jpg  

Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-11-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-12-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-13-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-14-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey7-15-.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Eternal Member

Well, you persisted and now Dewey appears complete. Wonderful job!
Old 09-03-2016, 12:21 PM

After a long time, I could finally finish the arm and other details. I leave the images of the little robot.

Despues de un tiempo largo, porfin pude terminar el brazo y otros detalles. Les dejo las imagenes del pequeño robot.
Attached Thumbnails
Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey8-20160708-1-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey8-20160708-2-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey8-20160708-3-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey8-20160708-4-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey8-20160708-5-.jpg  

Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey8-20160708-6-.jpg   Silent Running - Maintenance Drone01 Dewey (uhu)-silent-running-maintenance-drone01-dewey8-20160708-7-.jpg  
Old 09-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Eternal Member

OK, now you're finished. I think you did a great job!
Old 09-03-2016, 10:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Nice work, now just don't let him try to draw to an inside straight.