PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-06-2016, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
I like the aquila! And I've always liked the 40K tanks in a fugly sort of way. Perhaps sometime in the 41st or 42 millenium, someone will reinvent welding, and eliminate the need for rivets...

"Truth simply is. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant."
Old 01-06-2016, 02:40 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thanks for the nice comments, gents. You should try one, Sakrison. They are fun to build, and are really designed well. This model will stand on it's own, gotham.
Quote:
I've always liked the 40K tanks in a fugly sort of way. Perhaps sometime in the 41st or 42 millenium, someone will reinvent welding, and eliminate the need for rivets...
That's pretty funny, K'Jev. My next 40K build will be the steam tank, another great leap backward in technology. By the 43rd millenium we'll be throwing rocks at each other.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Now the steam tank really has my interest. Ork tank right? Love the Ork technology, makes me chuckle every time I see one.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:55 PM

Finally both track sides are done and mounted. It seems like it takes for ever to cut out and edge color all those little individual treads. Next up is detailing the firing bed and building/mounting the mortar.

Quote:
Now the steam tank really has my interest. Ork tank right? Love the Ork technology, makes me chuckle every time I see one.
It doesn't look "Orkish" to me, Elliot. I'm not sure where/how it fits into the WH40K universe. Perhaps it's an original design. Maybe one of our WH40K enthusiasts can shed some light. The final photo is dented rick's completed steam tank built at a 4 to 1 reduction. I don't know how he builds 'em so small.
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Griffon-griffon8.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon9.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon10.jpg   WH40K Griffon-steam_tank_by_dented_rick.jpg  
Old 01-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
That's what I get for relying on my increasingly leaky memory, instead of looking at the copy I have printed out. No, it doesn't look Orkish at all. Looks more like a one-off. It's not marked as a Patoroch model; instead it is marked by one Troll 02. Not a true enthusiast, just really like the models. And no, don't know how Dented Rick builds 'em so small either.

Back to the matter at hand, your Griffon is looking mighty good, the tracks especially.
Google Adsense
Old 01-12-2016, 02:21 PM

Thanks, Elliot. The Griffon is now complete, and it came out pretty good, I think.

I would be happier if it had some ammo stowed on board, but at this point I just don't have the oomph needed to design and build a bunch of shells. Maybe I'll just glue an array of .22 shorts along the interior right wall, LOL. Due to its placement in the vehicle, the mortar's angle is fixed, which sort of defeats its purpose. I thought that the fragile periscope stalk was an accident waiting to happen so, before it got damaged, I ran a 1/8 inch wooden dowel from the top all the way down through the floor. I'm thinking of coating the periscope lens and the control panel's oval screen with a couple of coats of clear nail polish before I call this one entirely done.

I've built two of these vehicles now, and have nothing but praise for them. Lots of parts, but lots of fun, too. The 3-way line drawings that serve as instructions are sufficient for an experienced paper modeler.
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Griffon-griffon11.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon12.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon13.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon14.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon15.jpg  

Old 01-12-2016, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
That looks great! I'm going to try my hand at Eli's Valkyrie next week or so. Hope it turns out as good as yours.

"Truth simply is. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant."

Tags
hull, panel, left, inside, hand, bit, firing, bed, photos, redrew, griffon, flaw, war, hammer, vehicle, track, guide, design, prepared, hatches, layered, cardboard, glued, place, discovered