PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
I found another store with the b-wing in stock here, more expensive, and I don't know how much it's reliable.

Best, Nando
Fat Man & Little Boy available here
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
i've dealt with Hobbyterra before - they are good to deal with...
Old 01-13-2016, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
You guys are right about Freetime website - that's the place I got mine copy from. Try contacting them via e-mail for ordering this piece.. (btw delivery is about 8-9 $ and you have to wait at least 4 weeks)

I do know one more website but forum doesn't let me post links for some reason. (search for kvaksiuk dot com).

Back to my build:

did not have much time to do things, but managed to finish the gum pod and started on main wing formers. Got to tell you I hate cutting through 1mm cardboard (pulp-variant in my case). I did 'invent' sort of technique (must have been around somewhere here I think) - I score the cutting edge with my hobby knife and then cut out with a pair of very tiny sharp straight manicure scissors. Does not bend detail if it's at least 2 mm wide and does not hurt my fingers nearly as bad as cutting with hobby knife. Of course really curved lines are a challenge with this technique but there is always option of sanding down

Pictures show my recent progress - note how I messed up with pod skin fit - it supposed to lie nicely with no gaps... but they seem fine for me (almost like it's designed that way hehe)

Wing structure is quite flimsy but I hope that skin will reinforce it enough for it not to bend.. otherwise got no clue how to make it more rigid (if only to glue more length-wise tabs between sections (but that means more carboard cutting ).

Oh and with this model I discovered that cyanoacrylate (super-glue) is very handy - it almost substituted my Elmeyer's tacky glue.
Attached Thumbnails
B-Wing starfighter 1:50 Parallel-_dsc1510.jpg   B-Wing starfighter 1:50 Parallel-_dsc1511.jpg   B-Wing starfighter 1:50 Parallel-_dsc1512.jpg   B-Wing starfighter 1:50 Parallel-_dsc1513.jpg   B-Wing starfighter 1:50 Parallel-_dsc1514.jpg  

Old 01-13-2016, 09:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.45 MB
That is very nice work you are doing. Look forward to watching more of the build.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:16 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I went on the Free Time web site and I couldn't find the paper/card stock models. Tons of plastic(YUCK!!!). Maybe I was on the wrong site. Not that Google hasn't let me down before. Do you have a link? Thank you. wc
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2016, 03:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
The link was posted on the previous page. Here it is again:
B-Wing Starfighter

A few hours ago I made a query and I just received word that the model is available again! I have just placed my order. I say, go get it before it disappears again!
Old 01-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Free Time Paper models of space vehicles | FreeTime Online Store Thank you Kadro
Old 02-02-2016, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Hi Ksdro, any progress with the model? loking forward to your next post

Extensions for X-wing

Tags
model, slayn, korpil, print, pages, gsm, paper, b-wing, color, ion, gyrhill, 60-70, colored, parts, cup, build, quality, assembly, designed, selection, cardboard, depends, lot, cutting, starfighter