PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Check this out - For all those who remember and liked the Reliant Robin vehicle used in "Only Fools And Horses" - then you'll love what's been achieved here Enjoy!

Thunderbirds are go
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Ah the fun that can be had with the old plastic pig,the MK 10 Jag in the background looks like it could do with some love too.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Not the only "old" T-bird geek

Wow! Finally a place where my 2 almost favorite things come together! Modeling AND Anderson/Thunderbirds! I've been catching up with this thread since I just joined and am feeling oh-so nostalgic! I'm even going back into my digital archives and going to watch, yet again, my T-bird collection and in so doing have a question/request. With all the vehicles from said T-bird show, has anyone done or attempted the Zero X from the pilot movie, Thunderbirds Are Go! ? I loved that modular design the did for it and find that that concept still prevails even today. This seems to be a really fine site for me to get even more into this most unusual craft of modeling with cardstock and I'm really looking forward to sharing my work(s) with everyone.

P.S. Can anyone point me to the best area to learn more about working up a design both from scratch and from images into designs that can be used in proggys like Pep? Thanks again!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcook62 View Post
Wow! Finally a place where my 2 almost favorite things come together! Modeling AND Anderson/Thunderbirds! I've been catching up with this thread since I just joined and am feeling oh-so nostalgic! I'm even going back into my digital archives and going to watch, yet again, my T-bird collection and in so doing have a question/request. With all the vehicles from said T-bird show, has anyone done or attempted the Zero X from the pilot movie, Thunderbirds Are Go! ? I loved that modular design the did for it and find that that concept still prevails even today. This seems to be a really fine site for me to get even more into this most unusual craft of modeling with cardstock and I'm really looking forward to sharing my work(s) with everyone.

P.S. Can anyone point me to the best area to learn more about working up a design both from scratch and from images into designs that can be used in proggys like Pep? Thanks again!
It's sure Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat to have sparked some interest in you and others alike. You are in the right place to make your wildest dreams come true in paper form. There is soooooo much on this subject {within this thread and throughout PM DOT COM} you will entertained for a very long time Try here for help with design and designing: Designers helping designers - PaperModelers.com
Good luck and have a fabtastic time... you will
Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 AM

Well, true to form for me, I found what I think may be a good furthering for me in this hobby. I found a model from Gary Pilsworth, as credited on the page I saw it on, S.H.A.D.O. Skydiver 1 | PaperCraft Museum
and have already printed the sheets and grabbing the scissors and glue! Unfortunately, my color cartridge in the printer is out, so have to settle, for now, with grey scale color scheme. Even so, it looks like it will be a fairly nice work when done. I'll be posting my progress in the appropriate section as I go, but this stuff is addicting as all get out! LOL

P.S. I hope I got the credit right and the site I got it from is wrong, but as soon as I can find where I actually got it from, I'll update and give appropriate mention.

UPDATE: I found Mr. Pilsworth right here! Wow, I must be getting old! LOL...anyway, many thnks to him for making this model available and I hopeto do it comparable justice in my work on it. Thank you Gary!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
It's sure Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat to have sparked some interest in you and others alike. You are in the right place to make your wildest dreams come true in paper form. There is soooooo much on this subject {within this thread and throughout PM DOT COM} you will entertained for a very long time Try here for help with design and designing: Designers helping designers - PaperModelers.com
Good luck and have a fabtastic time... you will
Thank you Peter and I will make every effort to t-r-y and enjoy myself! j/k. I'm looking forward to many an hour working on these as well as other designs and too, learning more from you all and chatting it up about this as well. Cheers!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Banned

"Make it spin"
Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
you mean the UFO, neptune?
i have, using a simple dollar tree hand fan. and also wind up toys mechanisms.
i have footage if you want to see one. lol.
also my enterprise nacelles effect is something you might want to look at, i can email a vid file to you if you want.
i use a plastic diamond and rotating amber leds on a blinky lite unit. very cheap,very efficient.
jim
Old 06-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Banned

No. I was making reference to the 200th episode of Stargate, where they totally mocked Thunderbirds in that episode. I'm sorry, but even as a kid when I saw TB, I thought it was goofy, thus my mocking post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
you mean the UFO, neptune?
i have, using a simple dollar tree hand fan. and also wind up toys mechanisms.
i have footage if you want to see one. lol.
also my enterprise nacelles effect is something you might want to look at, i can email a vid file to you if you want.
i use a plastic diamond and rotating amber leds on a blinky lite unit. very cheap,very efficient.
jim
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
oh. make it spin? what was the joke on that, it sounds funny or light insult that can be used in a friendly way.
jim