PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-20-2017, 03:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Thank you guys for your ideas. I also thought about vector thrust vents, but even if it blows only air, I imagine it would be quite uncomfortable to drive on street behind somebody with the same vehicle . Cockpit is open and air from wents would blow quite fast.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 07-20-2017, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Reactionless drive, or better yet just do like all of the SF shows do and don't explain the power and propulsion of the vehicle. Have it able to maneuver in the atmosphere despite the total lack of any aerodynamic control surfaces, even when it has experienced a total loss of power. Have it able to travel to another habitable star system despite lack of any galley or head or berthing. Have it able to go into autopilot mode when the pilot and/or passenger get knocked out by the devious and nefarious bad guys. Oh yeah, and make sure it has an anti-inertia field so the occupant/s can withstand 100 G-force turns.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
I probably end up there sooner or later .

I want to make it little more "realistic", because I think it adds lot of credibility and believability to design if it looks like it "can work" and things are there for purpose and from practical reasons.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 07-20-2017, 10:59 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Some Additional Ideas

Some similar ideas:

-Gil
Old 07-20-2017, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The wash from the vents actually falls off after a very short distance. From a stand still the lateral vents would start the initial acceleration with the main taking over and gradually increasing boost. The beauty of computer controlled systems. If this was all analog controlled in data steampunk style build. It would be an ever loving nightmare.
Google Adsense
Old 07-25-2017, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpetr View Post
Dear friends, again I need your help to figure out how this thing works. Such things realy adds to the design. So my thinking so far is:

Stearing and forward motion: ??? Please HELP ( for stearing maybe little winglets and if this has jet engine then two rotational exhaust noozles behind? But this craft is called wasteland skiff and with jet engine it will set to fire the grass on wasteland . And can not be used in the city traffic (only with wery long distances betwen wehicles to not get burned).

Hovering: Disc at the bottom is electromagnetic gravity device. It generates antigravity electromagnetic field by superconducting coil and rotating ring (based on Heim theory). Rotating part also acts as gyroscope to stabilize whole vehicle.

I am fooking forward to your ideas
This craft would appear to utilise a McPherson/Stradlebourg Graviton Refraction Impeller™.
Receiving raw power from an engine on-board, the GRI translates this power to the primary impeller, refracting the gravity of the planet the vehicle is currently on for propulsion and manoeuvring. Not only does this create the effect of anti-gravity, allowing the craft to float(Only an effect, as the impeller just redirects the planetary gravity, creating an area of null-gravity), it can also be aimed ahead of the craft, effectively pulling the vehicle in any direction the impeller's control systems are aimed.

Best i could come up with on short notice, lol.