PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-21-2016, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Vasteland skiff /own design/ 1:??

Hello friends,

Because in summer my hands (and everything else) are sweating much more and it sometimes ruins my paper models, so I will put my current X-wing build on hold during summer and will be designing this.

Original design from Hazzard65.

BUT I have few important questions not aswerd yet and I need your help. I want to ask you what do you think or suggest:

1. Shoud I make public templates with numbers and nice building plan (free of course)? Because this is not some famouse film or TV vehicle, do you think somebody else will want to build it when there is so much great models of famouse vehicles?

2. What scale? 1:18 = 20 cm (7,9 inches) long? Too big?

3. How do you solve hand swetting in summer? Some gloves? Aluminium?

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.

Early 3d sketch to figure out driver position. I want it to be comfortable and have good view on monitor

Extensions for X-wing
Google Adsense
Old 05-21-2016, 05:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
looks great - I can't wait to see more
Old 05-27-2016, 05:06 PM

Little update. But still not final shapes, just 3D study to see how it all works in space

Extensions for X-wing
Old 05-27-2016, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
1:18 sounds like a good scale. Public templates and instructions are always appreciated. I think you'll have plenty of people wanting to build it.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:55 PM

Scale set on 1:24. Model will be aprox. 15cm long, 5cm wide and 7cm high.

Few things added. It takes some time to get proportin right (= how I like it ). Modeling without blueprints is not the fastest way of doing it. Lot of experimenting and tweaking.

Extensions for X-wing
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2016, 02:45 AM

Dear friends, again I need your help to figure out how this thing works. Such things realy adds to the design. So my thinking so far is:

Stearing and forward motion: ??? Please HELP ( for stearing maybe little winglets and if this has jet engine then two rotational exhaust noozles behind? But this craft is called wasteland skiff and with jet engine it will set to fire the grass on wasteland . And can not be used in the city traffic (only with wery long distances betwen wehicles to not get burned).

Hovering: Disc at the bottom is electromagnetic gravity device. It generates antigravity electromagnetic field by superconducting coil and rotating ring (based on Heim theory). Rotating part also acts as gyroscope to stabilize whole vehicle.

I am fooking forward to your ideas

Extensions for X-wing
Old 07-11-2016, 10:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
It probably has it's own micro-warp-drive? LOL I have no idea how this would work. But as long as it looks cool ...
Old 07-19-2017, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
I would think the power unit would manipulate the magnetic field alternately fore and aft to provide a push/pull effect. Jets would need a fuel tank and therefore limit both range of travel and time aloft. Manipulating the magnetic fields of a given planet would provide unlimited power and travel distance. (I'm not talking rocket science here; just wild imagination)
Old 07-19-2017, 11:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
So, to get this straight. You have created an anti gravitational field. This provides lift. Now the only things to address are propulsion and steerage. Simple answer. Vector thrust nozzles along the lower sides towards the bottom of the vehicle. Moving nothing but air. An intake and then compressing the air and blowing it out through the vector based vents would provide both propulsion and steerage. Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Gave this another couple of minutes to think about. Have the vector thrust vents both port and starboard. A larger vent facing aft for raw propulsion, and some small folding winglets for stabilization. This configuration would allow for lateral movement as well as standard steerage. Since this is all just air being moved there is no worry of hazards like starting fires, and operation within an urban environment would be safe as well.
Google Adsense