PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Thanks ltla, sorry to burst your bubble, I plan to keep the model under my wing because it isn't up to par with the models surfacing this place.

Got some bad news, I'll have to rescale it to a smaller scale because unfortunately, I can only print on standard US legal paper. I figured it became a problem after printing 4 pages off the bottom former which holds the ribs. The entire piece was shorter than the width of one rib slot.

So I'll have to redo everything....sigh....I'll have pictures up tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange View Post
sorry to burst your bubble, I plan to keep the model under my wing because it isn't up to par with the models surfacing this place.
YES IT IS! I wish I still had the first toy I designed...you would laugh heartily!

Don't underestimate yourself, if only one person shows interest, you have succeeded!!! Please reconsider.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
YES IT IS! I wish I still had the first toy I designed...you would laugh heartily!

Don't underestimate yourself, if only one person shows interest, you have succeeded!!! Please reconsider.
Thanks Phil, I'll think about it

I really thought I could finish these formers today! I had to spend most of my afternoon at my new allergist, so this is all I have complete as of now. Tomorrow I should have them done.

The first picture is with the current size of the ribbing compared to the larger rib. The current ribbing is 26 cm in Height, and 16.2 cm in width. The second is of the 5cm scale cube along with GPM's Challenger 2 that I purchased a few months ago. [I'll make sure to do a review on it. ] And the third picture is of all the formers I have cut out currently.

I have to say, the kind of "cardboard" I'm using is extremely stubborn. It's not like cereal box stuff, it's like wood! It's actually a tough film paper, and it is a nightmare to deal with. Trimming, sanding, and using an X-acto for omitting the inner section of the ribbing was extremely strenuous. Cut's like wood, as strong as wood!

I would use cereal boxes for this, but I rarely eat cereal for breakfast [Yes I still eat breakfast, everyday...] , I eat huge meals :o
Attached Thumbnails
"The Autumn"-100_3692.jpg   "The Autumn"-100_3695.jpg   "The Autumn"-100_3697.jpg  

Last edited by The Orange; 07-01-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Please let it out from under your wing.
My son would kill for it and its better than anything i could ever hope to achieve.